My hair before & 3.5 months after Finasteride

hairlossPA

First 2 pictures are July 1st. Next 2 pictures are today, October 18th.

I started 1mg of finasteride a day on July 1st, along with 5% minoxidil twice a day (once in the morning, once before bed). I had previously used minoxidil alone but did not see any results like these. I credit the finasteride for the thickening and regrowth of my hair (mostly in the crown-mid scalp, although i think my hairline is better as well). I look forward to even more/better results in the coming months. My only regret is I didn’t get on finasteride sooner.

And to think I was getting consults for a 4500 graft FUT procedure.. man am I glad I hopped on finasteride first. If I continue to see improvement and hold onto what I have here, I think i could get away with a FUE procedure of around 2500 to rebuild my hairline.

Thanks for reading. Any comments are welcomed. 

41ADCB95-DB18-43C5-8B53-4536704D5E7D.jpeg

52D3E76E-5AB5-4CA2-A82F-3E824238AD5F.jpeg

C233F58E-467D-4B10-A52C-7AE0DE7BC8DF.jpeg

91945DD9-42FB-4E96-ADBC-619FCCA6E54A.jpeg

• Administrators

You have responded well to Finasteride, this is why it is advised to wait at least 6 months to see how the medication is working.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Despite the few crazies who say not to touch it, finasteride really can be a wonderdrug for the majority of users that aren't unlucky enough to get sides. Easily saved you at least ten grand for a fairly minuscule commitment. Crown doesn't even look remotely bad anymore.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. I definitely wanted to share my experience to help others. I will admit I had aching in the first 2 weeks of taking it, but I wanted to fight through it and as expected, it subsided and hasn’t returned. It wasn’t unbearable, just slightly uncomfortable at time but I read that is my body’s sign of adapting to the medication.

I will try to take more pictures in a similar angle as the “pre” pictures, although the pre-fin and post-fin pictures are probably taken within 3 feet of each other, just different angles.