Caffeine and hair thickening?

So over the last year or so I've consumed WAY more caffeine each day than I ever used to. I've also noticed a very nice thickening of my hair over this time. I've heard caffeine can be a stimulate for hair growth. Could this be the cause?

Nothing else has changed....I've been on fin/minox for like 10 years and I'm about 3 years out from my second HT.

• Administrators

I highly doubt it, it’s possible your testosterone has dropped thus causing your DHT to drop as well. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I've definitely heard that before but I don't know how effective caffeine is in providing tangible results in terms of your hair. I think it's one of those interesting scientific discoveries that are "technically true" but don't translate into actual, real life results. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

5 hours ago, Curious said:

This would only be anecdotal, but how many people on this site drink coffee regularly or heavily, and have had to deal with male pattern baldness?

My first job was working midnights so you know I drink coffee, and I drink it black, and I lost my hair.  That was a good way to look at it.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• 4 weeks later...