Small talk during fue

Hey guys,

i just had my fue ht completed and I’m nervous and excited at the same time.

I just have one question that’s been bugging me tonight. I’m naturally a chatty person and during both days of extractions I was chatting away with the tech doing the extractions. I kept asking if I was distracting her or not and she said no. Now I’m worried all my chatting may have not been the best idea to let them concentrate on not transecting or damaging my grafts!

What are your thoughts on this?

• Administrators

No talking should have no direct impact on your results, as long as you chose a qualified clinic with technicians that are skilled and experienced, there should be no issue.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Haha! I didn't shut up either, and based on the replies here, it seems we're in good company. The drugs definitely make you loopy, which often presents itself as chatty. 

I believe Spex was inquiring about you saying that a technician did the extractions, which is something that only the surgeon should be doing. Assuming you went somewhere credible, I imagine the surgeon was actually doing the extractions but a technician was there to receive the grafts as he extracted them and then transported them to be cleaned and counted. You care to elaborate? (Also keeping in mind that you were quite drugged up, so maybe you don't fully recall.) 

• Thanks 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

JJ,

I agree that if the tech was distracted to the point that possible transections would occur, she would have said something.

So I would not sweat it...if you went to a clinic that has a track record with proven FUE results, you should be fine...;)

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

6 hours ago, pkipling said:

Haha! I didn't shut up either, and based on the replies here, it seems we're in good company. The drugs definitely make you loopy, which often presents itself as chatty. 

I believe Spex was inquiring about you saying that a technician did the extractions, which is something that only the surgeon should be doing. Assuming you went somewhere credible, I imagine the surgeon was actually doing the extractions but a technician was there to receive the grafts as he extracted them and then transported them to be cleaned and counted. You care to elaborate? (Also keeping in mind that you were quite drugged up, so maybe you don't fully recall.) 

Thanks for the response. I went with a clinic in Europe where the extractions are done by the techs. The implantation of the hair is handled by the doctor.