7 days post op with dr rahal, does this look normal?

100% normal.

Most of the graft shed with the scabs. Keep the area moist. 

While you're getting good advice - also best to contact the clinic directly for this kind of stuff. 

p.s. Best advice I can give is try and forget about your HT until 6+ months. Hard to do I know! But some areas will grow faster than the others. The left or right side will look thinner - at first. It will look patchy. All normal. It's a long process, 15+ months. Dr. Rahal is one of the best. Ask questions and enjoy the ride - but try not to stress :)

p.p.s every guy is different. Some guys heal faster, get growth faster. Some slower. Never compare your results prior to 15 months to other - ever. It's a waiting game. 

1 hour ago, HairLossMentor said:

100% normal.

Most of the graft shed with the scabs. Keep the area moist. 

While you're getting good advice - also best to contact the clinic directly for this kind of stuff. 

p.s. Best advice I can give is try and forget about your HT until 6+ months. Hard to do I know! But some areas will grow faster than the others. The left or right side will look thinner - at first. It will look patchy. All normal. It's a long process, 15+ months. Dr. Rahal is one of the best. Ask questions and enjoy the ride - but try not to stress :)

p.p.s every guy is different. Some guys heal faster, get growth faster. Some slower. Never compare your results prior to 15 months to other - ever. It's a waiting game. 

Okay thank you for the re-assuring words. The only thing that worries me is that in many of those pink areas without scabs there seems to be no follicle's there, like no hair planted. I'm wondering if the follicle is somehow underneath or there won't be any hair growing there at all? From your experience, should I be able to distinctly see all the follicles?

Also, how do you know if any grafts have been dislodged or have come out let's say during sleeping or something? Would there be a lot of blood and a distinct hole or would it go unnoticed? 

1 hour ago, literalno said:

1. The only thing that worries me is that in many of those pink areas without scabs there seems to be no follicle's there, like no hair planted. I'm wondering if the follicle is somehow underneath or there won't be any hair growing there at all?

2. Also, how do you know if any grafts have been dislodged or have come out let's say during sleeping or something? Would there be a lot of blood and a distinct hole or would it go unnoticed? 

1. Please watch the thread I linked. That will answer this question.

2. Yes, there would be blood, but after 7 days it is highly unlikely to happen

Literalno,

I’m a little confused because this appears to be your topic and you also reported your own topic. Were you just reporting it because you wanted me to respond to you? If that’s the case, then please don’t report things, just send me a private message with a link and ask for my feedback. 

That said, everything you’re saying is perfectly normal. The scabbing/crusting is presenting an illusion that there are big spaces between hairs  but simply put,  everything is fine.    It sounds like others have already offered you some reassurance as did Dr. Rahal.   Bought hopefully my assurance will help you as well. 

Best wishes,

Bill

Also, how do you know if any grafts have been dislodged or have come out let's say during sleeping or something? Would there be a lot of blood and a distinct hole or would it go unnoticed? 

You won't lose any grafts at 7 days. Not even a concern - so get that out of your mind :)

A HT study showed that grafts are 100 secure at 5 days. If you lost a graft prior, you would see a lot of blood. Not spot bleeding - but a steady stream for 30 or so seconds. So much so your partner would say, "shit, you're bleeding." If you didn't hear that - Or notice a stream of blood down your face, you're OK.

If you did lose a grafts (or even a few) - nothing to worry about. Think about it. If I plucked a few hairs from your head, would you notice? No.

I've had a HT so lets tackle your future concerns now :)

Please print and put beside your mirror...

• you did not lose any grafts. I repeat. You did not lose any grafts
  • yes, I know it does not look like 3000 grafts (normal)
  • No, pimples will not damage your grafts
  • That spot bleeding, it's normal. Just a scab - and no, you didn't damage grafts
  • Yes, it's Ok you picked a scab and noticed spot bleeding. Yes, I know the areas is red. No you didn't damage any grafts
  • when you bumped your head, it's OK. You didn't damage any grafts
  • Yes, the right or left is growing slower. It's normal. Don't worry
  • yes, it looks patchy. I know. Normal. 
  • stop comparing your result to other guys at 3, 6+ months. Some guys grow faster, some slower. Wait 15 months.
  • yes, i know it's thin at 6 months. More to come!
  • No, the hair product you used to style your hair did not damage the grafts
  • No, it's not the final result at 9 months. Yes, you will get more density.

Edited by HairLossMentor
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Literalno,

I’m a little confused because this appears to be your topic and you also reported your own topic. Were you just reporting it because you wanted me to respond to you? If that’s the case, then please don’t report things, just send me a private message with a link and ask for my feedback. 

That said, everything you’re saying is perfectly normal. The scabbing/crusting is presenting an illusion that there are big spaces between hairs  but simply put,  everything is fine.    It sounds like others have already offered you some reassurance as did Dr. Rahal.   Bought hopefully my assurance will help you as well. 

Best wishes,

Bill

oh no, i was looking to see how to delete it seeing as I got direct reassurance from Dr. Rahal and didn't want to freak anyone out reading it :) I really appreciate you responding however!

All the best

45 minutes ago, HairLossMentor said:

You won't lose any grafts at 7 days. Not even a concern - so get that out of your mind :)

A HT study showed that grafts are 100 secure at 5 days. If you lost a graft prior, you would see a lot of blood. Not spot bleeding - but a steady stream for 30 or so seconds. So much so your partner would say, "shit, you're bleeding." If you didn't hear that - Or notice a stream of blood down your face, you're OK.

If you did lose a grafts (or even a few) - nothing to worry about. Think about it. If I plucked a few hairs from your head, would you notice? No.

I've had a HT so lets tackle your future concerns now :)

Please print and put beside your mirror...

• you did not lose any grafts. I repeat. You did not lose any grafts
  • yes, I know it does not look like 3000 grafts (normal)
  • No, pimples will not damage your grafts
  • That spot bleeding, it's normal. Just a scab - and no, you didn't damage grafts
  • Yes, it's Ok you picked a scab and noticed spot bleeding. Yes, I know the areas is red. No you didn't damage any grafts
  • when you bumped your head, it's OK. You didn't damage any grafts
  • Yes, the right or left is growing slower. It's normal. Don't worry
  • yes, it looks patchy. I know. Normal. 
  • stop comparing your result to other guys at 3, 6+ months. Some guys grow faster, some slower. Wait 15 months.
  • yes, i know it's thin at 6 months. More to come!
  • No, the hair product you used to style your hair did not damage the grafts
  • No, it's not the final result at 9 months. Yes, you will get more density.

OK damn that literally covers all my concerns LOL mainly I was worried I had maybe lost a graft but I have most definitely not noticed any bleeding whatsoever, or any holes in my scalp, so I think I can confidently say I have not lost any grafts.

Thank you for that list, I'm seriously going to screenshot it an refer back to it. 

Just wanted to mention that I started this thread just to reach out to the forum and get feedback from others who have gone through the process directly. Dr. Rahal and his staff have been very good at following up with all my concerns, couldn't be happier with the process so far. I've always been one to get a second opinion, so I figured no better place than here :) 

Thank you for that list, I'm seriously going to screenshot  it an refer back to it.

Almost forgot the most important...

• 15 months - YES, you look damn good! Get out there and enjoy your hair buddy. Style it, have fun with it. You're back!

A little in the future, but once your styling your hair again, it's time to think about 
1) keeping what you have with meds, the big 3, rogaine, nizoral, propecia (lots of options)
2) Ways to make your hair look even better, thicker with shampoo, smp, etc.
Edited by HairLossMentor