Bruising/Black eyes

So I hadn’t my surgery on the 26th (asmed 3000 grafts) and since I’m super prone to swelling, I had/have a head like a balloon. It’s gone down a lot but now I have really purple and black eyes. My under eyes are also hugely swollen. Has anyone else experienced this? Is so how long did it take to clear up?

I’m due to have a lower eyelid surgery (cosmetic) on the 16th and worried that I’ll have to push it back if the swelling and bruising isn’t gone by then.

Hey kw877,

congrats on your HT, wish you a great growth.

when i did my HT, about 5.5 months ago, i also experienced swelling.

for my understanding it's the anaesthesia  that going down.

in order to avoid it going down to my eyes i was told to massage my forehead from the middle to the sides and i had to use ice pack during those days. even after those things i still had little bit of swelling going to my eyes and after that kinda had yellow color under my eyes that gone away a few days later.

don't worry, hope it will go soon.

Thanks guys, I look pretty terrible right now haha just want the bruises and swelling to dissipate. My donor area hurts so much too! I wasn’t prepared for the side effects haha

8 minutes ago, wheretogo said:

Bet you look like a boxer right now :) it will go away.

when my donor area hurt me i use to rub aloe vera cream.

Ive been putting aquaphor on the donor as its super crusty lol leaving the recipient alone though other than the designated washes. Honestly can't wait to have a normal face and wear a hat! I can wait for the growth but it'd be nice to go outside haha

22 hours ago, kw877 said:

So I hadn’t my surgery on the 26th (asmed 3000 grafts) and since I’m super prone to swelling, I had/have a head like a balloon. It’s gone down a lot but now I have really purple and black eyes. My under eyes are also hugely swollen. Has anyone else experienced this? Is so how long did it take to clear up?

I’m due to have a lower eyelid surgery (cosmetic) on the 16th and worried that I’ll have to push it back if the swelling and bruising isn’t gone by then.

Yes, i have been pretty swollen.  That whole lower eyelid thing is a big concern to me.  I never had that issue but noticed that i have it still under one eye more than the other at different times.  The skin is no longer tight there and it seems to sag after so much fluid built up there after surgery.  It looks like an aging eyelid but i am not even in my 40’s.  It happened so drastically and not sure if this issue goes away.  Let me know how it works out for you and I  have to see if i can get this additional krap treated too.  

Best of luck.

Edited by Sean
Spelling

9 hours ago, Sean said:

Yes, i have been pretty swollen.  That whole lower eyelid thing is a big concern to me.  I never had that issue but noticed that i have it still under one eye more than the other at different times.  The skin is no longer tight there and it seems to sag after so much fluid built up there after surgery.  It looks like an aging eyelid but i am not even in my 40’s.  It happened so drastically and not sure if this issue goes away.  Let me know how it works out for you and I  have to see if i can get this additional krap treated too.  

Best of luck.

This is terrifying! But I feel like mines snapping back more each day. I think by the time this weeks out I’ll be back to normal. Fingers crossed! I moisturize and hydrate my skin like a maniac so maybe this would be helpful to you too? Hydrated skin is more elastic. If you’re is still a little crinkly try a tca peel. Might as well do the whole face (I’m gonna have it same time as my eye op) might help to even things out and tighten it a bit.

• Administrators

Swelling is normal, I can’t say experienced any bruising, but everyone reacts differently. Things will improve and I would also say putting aloe Vera on the donor helps with the pain.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

"So I hadn’t my surgery on the 26th (asmed 3000 grafts) and since I’m super prone to swelling, I had/have a head like a balloon. It’s gone down a lot but now I have really purple and black eyes. "

I had the same thing happen my first hair transplant.  It stretched from three to four days and by the end of it my head was so full of injections that my face began to resemble the shape of a football.  After the last day of surgery, when I had to check into a new hotel since my original reservation was for only the three days someone at the new place asked me if I was alright and if I needed help.  I guess I looked pretty beat up at the time.  I am sure it varies by person, but I was told to expect the swelling to take up to a week to subside completely, as the injections could take that long to break down.

23 minutes ago, AB2000 said:

I had the same thing happen my first hair transplant.  It stretched from three to four days and by the end of it my head was so full of injections that my face began to resemble the shape of a football.  After the last day of surgery, when I had to check into a new hotel since my original reservation was for only the three days someone at the new place asked me if I was alright and if I needed help.  I guess I looked pretty beat up at the time.  I am sure it varies by person, but I was told to expect the swelling to take up to a week to subside completely, as the injections could take that long to break down.

Im a week post op now and id say 80% of the swelling is gone, I have some significant bruising under my eyes still, looks like blood has collected under my eyes as I have red and purple splotches all around them and some fluid. Never expected my donor to hurt as much as it has been, but then again it was punctured 3000 times lol

14 hours ago, wheretogo said:

KW877, use aloe-vera on the donor, it really worked for me, very soothing.

I’ll have to pick some up and give it a try. Pain killers don’t seem to have much effect lol