Exercise Post-Op

No issues with exercising and weight lifting with FUE but FUHT always presents risks with stretching of the strip scar.

The key is to avoid any activity that puts any kind of tension in the donor area like weights, sit-ups, pull ups, push up, etc.

Some feel waiting 3 months is adequate, others feel 6 months or more.

Talk to your surgeon for advice.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

You should always follow your clinics advice, it also depends on whether you will reveive FUT or FUE. Generally, FUE exercise can be resumed after two weeks, FUT typically patients have to wait a month. However, longer time may be required depending on the activity, for example BJJ may cause substantial strain on the scar and cause it to stretch I would personally steer clear for 3 months until the wound is fully healed. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Many times we tend to look at how the scar has healed only on the outer surface of scalp tissue (epidermis) and not consider how the inner layer (dermis) has healed.

We tend to rationalize that if the strip scar looks healed on the outside that all is well.  Not necessarily true and why avoiding exercise that stretch the scalp are to be avoided.

Because it is vital that both the inner layer as well as the outer layer are healed enough to avoid a stretching of the scar.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY