eight month regrowth?

• Administrators

In my experience my hairline grew up until 10 months and after that it matured and the hair got thicker up until 18 months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

really? Do you mean that after 9 months have you continued to see new hairs? I hope it... .... I' m going well( i suppose...) but to think that after 6-7 months won't regrowth anymore anything, destroys me.

And often when i see a good transplant i notice that after 6 months it's already ok.

• Moderators

Mostly after that point it's a thickening of the individual transplanted hairs as they grow and mature for the next several months. This does gives the appearance of more hair, so it can look like new hair is still growing even if there's not actually any new hairs sprouting.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Mostly after that point it's a thickening of the individual transplanted hairs as they grow and mature for the next several months. This does gives the appearance of more hair, so it can look like new hair is still growing even if there's not actually any new hairs sprouting.

mhh so , in your opinion, until month is there regrowth of new hair? (not only thickening)

Edited by italianhairr

• Administrators

In my personal experience, I saw hair growth past 8 months. Actual growth didn’t stop until around 10 months. However, not everyone is the same, some continue seeing growth until 18 months and some stop at 8 months. We all grow at different rates, those who continue to grow until 18 months are generally what you would consider “slow growers”.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Overall, I have observed that most of the regrowth takes place 8 to 10 months post-op.

But as was already mentioned, there are going to be some variables between individuals.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

BeHappy is right.

After 8-10 months it is not usual to see regrowth, but the new hair can mature in terms of calibre and volume up to 12-18 months, which helps to the final result in terms of density.

Regards,

Outstanding hair caliber is going to have the largest impact in attaining the illusion of coverage.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

but is it only my impression or is it very difficult to find a caliber superior at 80 micron ?

i read too that from 40 to 60 is fine but seeing the most of the surgeon's report i read 50-60 micron , so it would seem it the medium size

I have heard the same thing as well.

Gillenator