Bald patch after fue - help please

I developed this bald patch after an fue.

I am 17 days post op.

The doctor told me some hairs fell out earlier than others and it is normal.

However I need to go to a wedding in two days.

Any advice? Will dermmatch or toppik work? Should I just shave my head again?

Help please!

170D4DD5-8EA7-4730-8CA7-7D6D3AF3CED8.thumb.jpg.931ca1fb6cd4545d752bdfcf80b4a478.jpg

DDC6C83B-A056-4FB2-BF5C-F9FA0BDB9A04.thumb.jpg.c884510266dc4a976c4001675ace2f37.jpg

• Administrators

Shedding is part of the process, for buzzed hair I would suggest dermmatch. You may have suffered a bit of shock loss, don’t worry it should all comeback and then some, you just have to be patient.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The bald patch is almost certainly part of the normal shedding process. This is quite soon to be going to a wedding. I think you should follow Melvin's advice and try concealers. I think it's safer to use those than to buzz it down again at this stage.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

This looks early but normal. The issue is your plan to go to a wedding 20 days post surgery. Buzzing or shaving is not recommended yet and even concealers are not recommended by many clinics at this early stage (even though this maybe is due to them beeing overly cautious).

I think you would be ok to apply a concealer for the wedding and be sure to wash everything off afterwards. You don't want to risk an infection if the concealer was continually used.

The wedding celebration is a matter of hours and not days so again, I think you would be ok...it would not hurt to contact your doctor to be sure...they probably have someone in the clinic office that can also answer your questions and concerns.

Congrats on your recent procedure...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi Radiss0n,

As you have been already told, that's probably part of the shedding process after a procedure. That can start after 7 days and last up to 1 month approx. I would not worry about it.

Regarding the use of concealers, it would be better if you contact your doctor. It is one of the issues where you can find different protocols depending on each clinic.

Best wishes with your surgery :),

You can also see if your doctor is okay with you buzzing your hair shorter so that everything is uniform. The grafts are definitely secure by now, so I don't see what harm can come from carefully buzzing all the surrounding hairs so that they're all the same length. And while some users/doctors think 20 days is way too early to do this, I did it earlier than 20 days and it all worked out fine, because at this point, those grafts are secure and not going anywhere.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

If you are able to buzz your hair at this point in time post-op, it's very important that the clippers are very sharp and the blades are not dull so the cut is clean without pulling at the hair.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY