to do it or not

hey guys,

so the date of the surgery is getting close and i keep reading on the internet and it just makes me really nervous. i see that people say just shave the head it doesn't worth it or poor results after lots of months.

i'm not going to take pills or minoxidil, only biotin and MSM, should i do the HT?

how can i know that all the good results i see are not just products of the combination of pills, minoxidil and surgery?

i am really confused, needs help.

thank you

Edited by wheretogo

As the Big Day approaches, we all get nervous. It's a significant event in our lives and we have a lot of hope tied up in the outcome.

It is better, although not essential, to be taking preventative medication. It depends whether your hairloss has stopped/slowed down or not. It really depends on you and how your hairloss is going to progress.

The vast majority of good results that you see will be the result of the surgery itself. In some cases, if a patient begins taking medication around the time of surgery, then they might be a very good responder to the meds and this might boost the surgical result, but that will be a small minority of cases.

How close is your surgery date?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

middle of February.

going to do just the front, about 3000 grafts, maybe more. i guess hair loss in my crown area will continue. what about the front? how can i know if it stopped? what with that hair between the front and the crown?, how will i know i will get good density?

nervous also about how much i got in the donor area.

IMG-20180109-WA0001.thumb.jpg.d9e75a3de00133fd97d99969b3775fdd.jpg

IMG-20180109-WA0000.thumb.jpg.0a261eac4ab5ac813b508e10fa7e3d3a.jpg

IMG-20180109-WA0002.thumb.jpg.79ef39215606abc25204bd52dbc92630.jpg

Your donor area looks good to me and I'm guessing you got similar feedback from your doctor.

3000+ grafts sounds like a good figure to frame your face with a dense hairline and cover the frontal third and perhaps the whole front half of the balding area. Your hair being on the wavy/curly side will really help with covering your scalp.

Nobody can predict when your hairloss will stop, but you have an obvious outline of a Norwood 5A pattern. The crown loss isn't dipping down at the back and this is a good thing.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

hey guys,

so the date of the surgery is getting close and i keep reading on the internet and it just makes me really nervous. i see that people say just shave the head it doesn't worth it or poor results after lots of months.

i'm not going to take pills or minoxidil, only biotin and MSM, should i do the HT?

how can i know that all the good results i see are not just products of the combination of pills, minoxidil and surgery?

i am really confused, needs help.

thank you

Who is the doctor is the real question

the doctor is Dr Maras from HDC.

thanks guys, i guess i just needed an encouragement and some pep talk

You made a good choice, once you've gone through with it you'll be very glad you did. Get excited.

Hey man I had the same feeling you did. I was so nervous the 2 weeks leading up to Surgury. I had my deposit already paid for and it was a lot of money. If say the days leading up to the surgury and worse than the surgury it’s self. It’s 1 day some paid but this is day 2 and I already feel great and love looking at my new hairline my old was drove nuts!!! Cheers