58 Looking for feedback at my age and hair loss stage

Just looking for some critique or feedback on my below hair loss pictures link focusing on which is best way for me to proceed at my particular age and stage to get the best results possible ?

For some unknown reason my hair loss seems to have started accelerating in the past maybe 2 years more to the point where its getting almost impossible to conceal I'm (guessing its genetics) at my age ?

I been on minoxidil constantly twice a day for like over 10yrs and now out of desperation and in preparation for a future HT I'm taking 1mg x day of Fin started about 7 months ago with little to no visible slow down of my hair loss so far ?

Anyways I'm looking over ripe and feeling ready

I've been kicking around this and other forums for over 10yrs struggling as I'm sure many here are to settle on which doctor to use it can be a daunting task

Anyways I'm strongly leaning towards Erdogan

I haven't consulted with him yet wondering how many graphs he will say I need ?

Anyone care to make a prediction ?

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

Your hair loss is not too bad. You are definitely a good candidate for a transplant. Try giving the finasteride a year to work then re evaluate. You have diffuse hair loss which generally responds well to finasteride.

Your hair loss is not too bad. You are definitely a good candidate for a transplant. Try giving the finasteride a year to work then re evaluate. You have diffuse hair loss which generally responds well to finasteride.

Thanks for the reply

Yeah for sure that's the plan definitely want hold off and give the Fin a try but realistically I don't really see the stuff bringing back much hair lucky if it slows or stops my loss ?

So looking ahead to maybe later this year at almost 59 want to have some time left to enjoy life with hair ?

One thing I was thinking was that with the fact that Erdogan usually uses maybe 30% more graphs and along with the difficulty involved in traveling from US to Turkey there might be some local doctors who can get me compatible or better results at almost compatible pricing coz of the less graphs the price might even out a bit that was kind of why I was asking how many graphs people think Erdogan would recommend in my case ?

For some unknown reason my hair loss seems to have started accelerating in the past maybe 2 years

Are you or have you been on testosterone replacement therapy?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Are you or have you been on testosterone replacement therapy?

LOL sounds like a deposition or being questioned under oath

Are you or have you ever been on :)

Yeah I been on HRT for maybe 15yrs already all monitored by one of the best doctors in the country that specializes in it.

My blood work gets done every 6 months

On my last Labs my DHT levels were at a super low of 13L

Normal ranges being between 16-79 ng/dL so don't think high DHT levels are an issue here?

I'm an old time competitive body builder used and abused every drug you could imagine back in my crazy younger years before age 40 and as u can see in my picture at age 40 I hadn't really lost much hair from it all

It's been very very slow loss thinning receding mostly from temple area only from late 20s but in the past 2 or 3 years I have seeing alot of crazy loss up top and crown (vertex) area before then I really had no loss up there ?

Gotta be hereditary loss ?

Sorry Markee didn't mean to come off like that. We are about the same age, and was just trying to nail down the reason when you stated "accelerating in the past maybe 2 years". Like someone else said...I agree you look like an excellent candidate for a hair transplant.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Sorry Markee didn't mean to come off like that. We are about the same age, and was just trying to nail down the reason when you stated "accelerating in the past maybe 2 years". Like someone else said...I agree you look like an excellent candidate for a hair transplant.

No problem friend just trying to get a little feed back here from people that know better is all

I'm pretty much settled on going to Erdogan but not looking forward to traveling all the way Turkey crazy.

So I'm thinking might be possible to get the same or better results locally with less graphs then Erdogan which would = less money which in the end maybe cost almost the same

Just its like a struggle to get actual prices here in US like top secret

Funny how most international doctors have no problem posting that prices up front on there sites

No problem friend just trying to get a little feed back here from people that know better is all

I'm pretty much settled on going to Erdogan but not looking forward to traveling all the way Turkey crazy.

So I'm thinking might be possible to get the same or better results locally with less graphs then Erdogan which would = less money which in the end maybe cost almost the same

Just its like a struggle to get actual prices here in US like top secret

Funny how most international doctors have no problem posting that prices up front on there sites

Hasson & Wong are $8 a graft for fue w/sliding scale down the more you do - about the same for Konior.

Shapiro is about $7-$8 per fue. Gabel and Arocha maybe a bit cheaper.

Nadir just south of the border is a great value at around $2 per fue if you are a cash kinda' guy.

Who else you looking at?

Would of never guessed u are 58 .. I think ur case is difficult for a transplant without fear of shock loss of native hair. .. since u are more of a diffuse thinner than a receder.. like me . I guess hair matters to us when we were young n old.. I think u should get as many grafts as possible in one shot . Since u are getting up there in age .. u won’t need to be chasing ur hair .. get it done n get it done right !

Oh yeah .. I think u got good hair genes .. by lookin at ur fro back in the days. U had alot of hair ..n u retained most of ur hair thru ur 40’s.. I think drugs n old age is catching up to ur hair .. thinned it out .. but at least it’s not too bad for 58 .. still got hair to frame ur face .. what Norwood r ur brothers n parents ? I’m trying to figure out if it’s the excessive exercise n steroids that caused ur thinning hair or just age n genetics ..

If i had to guess i would say its a combination of 3 things age related genetics first along with consistent hormone replacement my DHT levels were in the high zone till I started on Fin now my levels are super low but after about 7 months on the stuff still feel like I'm loosing hair and number 3 constantly coloring my hair is not helping just gray hair makes me look like game over Grandpa not ready for that look yet :)

As far as excessive exercise goes never heard of any study ever saying exercise has any effect of hair loss I'm just going to 24hr fitness on the old mans routine train one day rest 2 days :)

For me Its been a slow hair loss but my hair looked pretty solid all the way into my 50s not 40s

The roids didn't really have much effect on it at all its just in the past few years its started becoming more noticeable on top slowly thinning to the point where one day here i am.

I'm pretty lucky both my father and brother had had very little hair left by age 40

Anyways don't really matter much at this point how or why I'm losing it I'm just trying to get some advice here on my best options to move forward for my particular stage age and type of hair loss ?

I been kicking around the forums for years struggling just to make the choice on which doctor to go with and I feeling relieved settling on Erdogan dudes got like 100% solid i reviews and impressive results ?

Do you think hes the best choice for my situation or is there someone else i should maybe consider first maybe someone local traveling to Turkey to get this done is like insane

How many graphs you think i will need ?

On the cheap (FUE) I would personally go to Dr. Luis Nader if you are going fue route. Maybe he does 2-3K grafts to start and that's good enough for you at your age.

You could always do another FUE session as early as 12 months after the 1st session.

That's if you really don't want a mega-session w/Erdogan. 'Cause you know he's going to suggest 4-5K+ grafts. It's his thing for people past NW3.

On the cheap (FUE) I would personally go to Dr. Luis Nader if you are going fue route. Maybe he does 2-3K grafts to start and that's good enough for you at your age.

You could always do another FUE session as early as 12 months after the 1st session.

That's if you really don't want a mega-session w/Erdogan. 'Cause you know he's going to suggest 4-5K+ grafts. It's his thing for people past NW3.

Not necessarily looking to go on the cheap looking to get the best possible results and not get ripped off in the process

As far as Nader goes not nearly enough reviews or solid feedback on the guy and definitely I don't want to spend the next few years going through multiple procedures continually shaving my head waiting

Any other suggestions ?