BAD experience Sante+ 3000grafts ?

alex84

I want to share my first HT experience that turned out to be a very bad, bad experience.

Firstly i need to say that i rushed in to my first ht and that i choose the clinic mostly because of the price but also becouse they were well marketed in my country. Price was very low, even for Turkish standard (they are located in Istanbul), and it was 1400€ with a discount from 2000€...but there was nothing included in that price but the op, so i ended up paying 2000€ with medication, plane, hotel, food etc.

So, the arrangement of the procedure was easy since they had a rep that spoke my language. We exchanged a few mails, agreed about what i need and what i can expect so everything looked ok...

I arrived to the hospital and the first thing that they did was ask me to pay...hmmm, ok.

Then i had some type of consultation with someone and we were of to do my procedure.

Whole experience lasted for cca 5 and a half hours (9:30-15:00) and that is with cons, waiting, shawing and i dont know what, so the operation couldn't last more than 4 hours.

When i was done they gave me some kind of letter with one sentence written sayng that i had HT. I asked them to give me some kind of a release letter but thay said that they don't do that and there was no letter of relese, but i insisted so in the end they gave me something that was signed by op. dr. SELAHATTIN TULUNAY.

I googled that man and i can honestly say that i never met that person, let alone had consultations with him. Maybe he did came to the O.R. but i never saw him.

I was told that i had a 3000grafts FUE surgery and that everything went well,

The result was very noticable bad and i asked for the explanation, to what they answerd that the hairline was lowered for 1cm, temples where filled and the front-mid scalp couldn't be filled because i have so much hair there. Insted they planted a few grafts on my crown or back-mid.

P.S

No one ever contacted me from Sante+ after the op

So, 3000grafts???

screenshot_173.png

Bloody donor:eek:

screenshot_173.png

And masterful hairline ;)

after op, 8m after/microfibre, 15m after/before 2nd ht

screenshot_173.png

And this was not all... :(

I had such a bad case of native hair shock loss and went from looking like this to looking like that...

I just felt so miserable...

Few months before first ht

screenshot_173.png

first 4m after, other 5m after

screenshot_173.png

and than 8 m after

screenshot_173.png

Edited by alex84

One other thing that i didn't mentioned in the first post was that i immediately noticed that they did not connect my new hairline to my healty pre existing hair...

1st after, 2nd 10m after, 3rd 15m after

screenshot_173.png

11m after

screenshot_173.png

And finally, i accepted my mistake and came to a decision to give it another try and if it doesn't give any acceptable results just shave my head and put it behind me...

In this proces i did get a healthy need to exercise regularly and pretty decent body... i just need to add some mass :)

Edited by alex84

So, here i am now, 5 days after the second HT op just recuperating at home and kind of questioning my objectivity about my current condition. I am not sure if i just want it to be good or if it is really looking good for now...

So please comment, advise or just give support for the fellow sufferer in need!

My current progres is here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188759-hair-transplant-ahd-dr-hakan-doganay.html

Its ok man, you made the decision you thought was best at the time and could have turned out good too. Their are people that pay 10x what you did and end up in same boat at least you have money to get a 2nd ht to try and get a better outcome this time. Good luck on growing this time.

Its ok man, you made the decision you thought was best at the time and could have turned out good too. Their are people that pay 10x what you did and end up in same boat at least you have money to get a 2nd ht to try and get a better outcome this time. Good luck on growing this time.

Thx for the vote of confidence. :)

It really is as you put it, but it took me some time to deal with it and to accept what happened...

For now i can see that i at least corrected my crooked HL with my 2nd HT, and for the rest i just need to wait and see.

• 4 weeks later...

Best of luck with ur 2nd transplant ...

I’m still not sure what happened to ur first one ..

It seems like they only transplanted into the hairline in the first transplant .. how come u got so much diffuse thinning on top afterwards ? It seems like u lost a lot of hair where they didn’t transplant into ..did they cause that much shock loss ? N lastly did u get a refund or anything ?

It seems like they only transplanted into the hairline in the first transplant .. how come u got so much diffuse thinning on top afterwards ? It seems like u lost a lot of hair where they didn’t transplant into ..did they cause that much shock loss ? N lastly did u get a refund or anything ?

Thx, do the results of 2nd HT look good so far?

As for my shock loss i am not sure either...i came to conclusion that i had many dying hair that did not recover after shaving and HT. Few doctors agree with that and i do have some evidence of that; i took pictures of my temples where you can see that some hair is growing 10 times slower or not growing at all.I was able to notice this because after my first ht i shaved my head every 30 days. I am guessing that was the case all over my scalp.

This photos are from left to right 20days after 1st HT, 50days, 80days after and 25days after 2nd HT :)

screenshot_241.png

screenshot_241.png

N lastly did u get a refund or anything ?

My hair loss (diffuse) went down like this: always thin hair getting thinner with NO hair falling out until 30 years of age. After that thinning continues along with hair falling out in two major areas, temples and top middle part of the scalp. But my hair was never good, thick, anywhere (not even donor), like it is with other people on this site that have male pattern HL.

It is so hard to explain to other people...this is the photo from up close and from distance taken a second after...it looks like there is some hair but it just isn't good for anything because it is so thin.

screenshot_241.png

And no, i din't get any refund, they never answered any of my mails or calls.

Most definitely they messed u up on the first transplant .. no way did they transplant 3000 grafts .. ur hairline probably got around 1000.. n it didn’t grow either . At least they didn’t waste 3000 or uf donor hair.. ur 2nd transplant should get u better results.. best wishes to ya z

Hang in there pal. Love the attitude. Its just hair. Hopefully you come good from the 2nd one.

Hah, it is easy to say that now, but in retrospect it was hard to accept that i was getting bald and that i did such a bad mistake with my 1st HT... it did take some time to accept that and move on. Now if i get some good result from my 2nd HT great, and if not also ok,because at least i tried. :)

Most definitely they messed u up on the first transplant .. no way did they transplant 3000 grafts .. ur hairline probably got around 1000.. n it didn’t grow either . At least they didn’t waste 3000 or uf donor hair.. ur 2nd transplant should get u better results.. best wishes to ya z

Hhahah, you didn't count grafts that they transplanted to my crown, it is at least 50 or 60 grafts. :)

The whole irony is that i chose to go to sante+ in Istanbul over two closest sante+ hospitals in my neighborhood countries (Bosna & Hercegovina and Macedonia) for two reasons:

1. I tought that they would be more professional and more experienced

2. I wanted to use the oportunity to see Istanbul

First, my friends who had HT in B&H or Macedonia had solid results, and second i didn't see no Istambul because i was there when thay had that military coup, and whole city was under army size so i was locked up in my hotel... At least i got out of there alive :)

• 2 weeks later...

So what’s ur update now ? How r things comin along ? My hair loss is happening nowadays , n I’m so scared , not ready to deal with losing hair n lookin older .. I have to do a transplant this year to get back what I lost .. n I’m so nervous of a bad transplant n potential hair loss as I age .. keep us updated on ur self ..

So what’s ur update now ? How r things comin along ? My hair loss is happening nowadays , n I’m so scared , not ready to deal with losing hair n lookin older .. I have to do a transplant this year to get back what I lost .. n I’m so nervous of a bad transplant n potential hair loss as I age .. keep us updated on ur self ..

Dont be scared, give it your best and choose carefully and it will be ok.

I just posted my 45th day update,you can see how everything is going or should i say growing on my second HT thread:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188759-hair-transplant-ahd-dr-hakan-doganay-2.html

At this moment my hair is as it was before the second HT.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello, i had my 3rd HT with dr Keser and I have been sorting my old photos and i found photos from my first HT, which was a total scam.

I would like to ask if you can explain to me what happened with my first ht

And i would like to warn people about rushed and bad decisions for a HT!

I am over it but since i talked to dr keser and he assessed my donor as depleted (after his surgery) i looked at my old photos and compared my donor before my 1st HT (I don't know how much grafts, they said 3000), 2nd HT (doganay 2590 grafts) and 3rd (keser 1000 grafts) and i still dont understand what happened.

HT was ridiculously cheap, 1400€ (i did not know that that was cheap, I had no knowledge about HT), it was fast, ca 4 hours of operation, and now when I look at the donor it does look like they harvested a lot of graft but I don't see where the implanted them?

Does anybody have any kind of an explanation?

Pic: donor before, after HT and after and 18 months after

20151118_144732.thumb.jpg.d7bfe0a799b589802dd2274e996b40fe.jpg20160608_091118.thumb.jpg.7bb99517ef0beb817e26d0230a002c0d.jpg

20160716_134005.jpg

20160716_133949.jpg

20160716_134008.jpg

DSC_7969.JPG

DSC_7967.JPG

DSC_7965.JPG

i am wondering since this is all the transplanted hair, and this is the result 18 months after...

20160715_223510.jpg

20160715_223518.jpg

20160715_223524.jpg

DSC_7961.JPG

DSC_7963.JPG

Edited by alex84

And this is 2500 grafts from dr. Doganay and 1000 grafts from dr Keser

2.png

1.png

screenshot_586.png

screenshot_588.png

Now i came to a conclusion that they did extract ca 2500 grafts because my donor look similar to 2nd ht (doganay, 2500 grafts), but my recipient looks like fewer grafts than my 3rd HT (keser, 1000 grafts) so the only explanation that I can think of is that they extracted 2500-3000 grafts and then thrown 1000-2000 grafts in the trash. Is it possible?

• Sad 1