FUE scars getting worse?

Has anyone had FUE scars that got worse with time?

I feel like after 5 months, my FUE scars are now becoming hypopigmented. Before, the skin was normal color, and now they've become whiter than the surrounding areas.

Will they get better with time?

Thanks

White scars are not hypo pigmented...they are simply scar tissue that developed when the extraction sites healed up...they lack blood flow and why they look that way.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hypopigmentation refers to a loss of pigment in the skin. Since you are dealing with scar tissue, which is different from skin and has no pigment by nature, there is no Hypopigmentation.

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com

At only 5 months, that wouldn't concern me honestly. You are still healing and you could have experienced a bit of shock loss to the surrounding hairs. It's better to wait a full year before evaluating the donor and the recipient areas - aka the final result.

Best wishes,

Bill

Everyone says this but how on earth can the donor area take 1 year to heal cosmetically.is their any patience review threads you can link that show shockloss that has recovered past month 6

It's probably a little early to fully evaluate, but I wanna make sure that you're not getting any sun exposure on your scalp. Most people understand this with the recipient area, but keeping the donor area out of sunlight is crucial in the prevention of noticeable scars. The sun and wounds don't go well together. Not sure how short you're keeping the donor area (the longer your hair is the less of an issue this would be) but it's something to consider.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

The reason it takes longer for the scars to heal is because the extractions go deep into the dermis layer of the scalp and are not superficial, meaning, just on the surface layer.

Give it time, they should improve in both size and appearance.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY