Deciding a doctor for my 2nd HT

Samsung007

Hey guys. So I got a HT back in 2014 with dr.feller. I got 2500 grafts and I have to say it went well. The hair grew in well. Although I've lost a lot of native hair since. So now I'd like a 2nd procedure. The thing is, I don't really see all that many reviews of Dr.Feller on here anymore. To be honest, I mostly see patients of Dr.Erdogan. Has anyone an idea as to why this is? I had planned to go back to Dr.feller but now I'm having second thoughts. Any advice on here would be loved. Thanks guys

Dr. Feller is a strip physician, an excellent one at that. People traveling to Turkey to see Dr. Erdogan are interested in the less invasive FUE procedure, which Dr. Feller does not offer as a patient choice. Since you've already had a strip surgery with Dr. Feller and were happy with his results, why not go back since you already have an FUT linear scar. FUE would be optimal if you wanted to avoid the linear scar.

I’d go back to feller he knows he’s stuff, Did he say you would need a second procedure later on? I’m sure if your scalp laxity is good he will take your old scar out with a 2nd surgery and still leave you with 1 very fine scar, Fue is a great procedure if you only need to move a small amount, in regards to erdogan the people I’ve spoken to that have been to him have told me he only does the incisions, he does not even do the extraction which for me would be a concern

I’d go back to feller he knows he’s stuff, Did he say you would need a second procedure later on? I’m sure if your scalp laxity is good he will take your old scar out with a 2nd surgery and still leave you with 1 very fine scar, Fue is a great procedure if you only need to move a small amount, in regards to erdogan the people I’ve spoken to that have been to him have told me he only does the incisions, he does not even do the extraction which for me would be a concern

almost all medical techs in Turkey as well as other countries overseas do the extractions as well as implantation which is why they can charge $2 per graft. It is the standard for the doctor to only perform the incisions. That is not the case in the US where a medical doctor is required to do nearly all aspects of the surgery and why its so much more expensive for a time consuming technique like FUE.

If you're happy with your first doctor I'd reach out to them and check in, he's still the physician you were satisfied with.

Although I do think Dr. Feller is less active than he used to be, he has a partner that you may be able to communicate with.

I chose a second doctor for my second procedure, Dr. Gabel, and traveled all the way from Austin to Portland for him. My lone regret being he didn't do my first procedure.

But I switched doctors because my first result was "meh" and I knew I could do better, if you were happy with your first doctor's results and trust them, I don't see why you'd be shopping around for an alternative before speaking with them first.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I been lingering here and other HT forums for a long time watching my hair fall out trying narrow down and decide which doctor to use it really can be a daunting task but at this point I'm strongly leaning to Erdogan ?

To me the guys hairlines look great hes very active with many reviews going back and I can't seem to find any bad review is there any I'm missing ?

and the price right and straight up on his site

Markee,

I chose Asmed on the back of reviews and results posted here, plus other outlets. Initially I thought it would be BHR in Belgium, but the 21% added tax put the nail in that coffin. As for Techs doing a lot of the work, it's a constant conversation on here. This is a results business, and Dr Koray seems to always deliver. If I had of looked at a clinic where the Dr does everything, then unfortunately I would not have had the budget. The work I had done in Turkey may have cost me around 20,000 pounds sterling in the U.K. way above my ceiling. Keep researching and checking reviews, it's the only way.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Markee,

Not sure on that one, if there is it's included in Asmed's price of 2.5 euros per graft. That also includes accomadation, transport, post Op pack and food and drink whilist at the clinic. The tax in Belgium was a major factor for me, as I know BHR have a fantastic reputation.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

You've had a happy experience already. I wouldn't base your decision on whether your previous surgeon has good recent reviews. His reputation is the same now. He's still capable of giving you a great result.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I agree that if you had a positive experience with him before, I would reach back out to him. While reviews and an online presence are important and can really have an impact on making an informed decision, some doctors just have more of an "army" so to speak when it comes to posting reviews. Given that you've already had a positive experience with him and he delivered solid results, that would be the first place I would look for a followup procedure if I were you.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

The old adage that if it ain't broke don't fix it applies to hair restoration as well in my opinion, if you were happy with your original doctor and they're still available, I'd make sure that they were your first point of contact for a follow up procedure.

No need to chase new and shiny marketing, go with tried, tested and true, especially since you already know they deliver.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016