Dr Cooley - July 2017

Last week marked 2 years since my procedure with Dr Cooley

One of my biggest insecurities continues to be standing in unfavorable light. This picture was taken outside at about noon with the sun at full force. Seeing this definitely helps me tackle my insecurity. No product in my hair either. Pre procedure under harsh light like this, it wouldn't have looked anywhere close to this. 

MAY 2019.jpg

July 2017 - Dr Cooley - 2575 grafts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm about 18 days from marking 4 years since my procedure with Dr Cooley. I mentioned in a different post that the past few months I've had some health issues; I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease which has resulted me in taking medications via infusions every few weeks and also had surgery about 2 months ago. That along with steroids and antibiotics made me feel a bit insecure about my hair so I've cut it shorter than usual. Looking at other posters does result in hair envy; sometimes I think about adding density to my hairline; closing out my temples etc etc.. I'm happy with what I have and hair greed can lead me on a path which I don't need right now. My crown has thinned ( I am unable to take meds) so who knows, maybe I'll revisit it down the road when my health has improved.

Speaking of cutting my hair short, I went to the barber yesterday and it looks like they went a bit shorter in the back than usual so it's been my first time viewing the scar; so for the next few weeks will be wearing a hat when I go outside; I don't think it's too noticeable but my wife saw it right away.

Regarding these pictures, apologies for the quality; this is my bed hair and the guest bathroom mirror hasn't been cleaned but hopefully you can see how everything looks 4 years out

june 30 5.JPG

june 30 6.JPG

june 30 2.JPG

june 30 3.JPG

june 30 4.JPG

• Administrators

Wow what a change 

2306AD4D-0F0D-4508-8071-9CD7EAB9050B.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 years later...
On 6/30/2021 at 2:39 PM, forgotpassword said:

The 1st pic took me back.. very happy to have what I currently have.. @HairCenter is worth checking out for anyone considering work done

Hey! Curious if you had any other recent updates now that it’s been a couple years? I’ve been lurking on the site for a long time and find all of the information here so extremely helpful. I’m looking at doing a HT with Dr Cooley in the near future and have been extremely impressed with the cases I’ve seen and his attention to detail/overall work. Are you on any meds? Thoughts now that it’s been about 6 years?

• 2 weeks later...

@CatInTheHat Hey man; haven't updated primarily because I've been focusing on my health though I will say over the last few weeks I've been tempted to reach out to Lollie and Dr Cooley to see if I would even qualify as a candidate for round 2.

Not on any hair meds; I'm on some major medication for my Crohn's which I'm sure plays an affect with my hair. Until I got sick 30 months ago my hair was in great shape; I feel my hairline could use a lil boost as well as my crown. Over the past year I've been seeing a therapist for other issues and he was surprised when I mentioned my insecurity about my hair.. it's always in the eyes of the beholder

I don't regret having my FUT done back in 2017; if anything I keep my hair short now so I have to limit how short the barber uses the clippers on my donor area to avoid seeing the scar. If I were to go for round 2 then I would be interested in covering that up so I can go shorter if need be

Attached pics of how my hair looks 6 years on; please keep in mind I was diagnosed with crohn's disease 2.5 years ago so for that time frame I've been on remicade infusions every 8 weeks

My crown was untouched back in 2017 ; I'm not currently on any hairloss prevention medication and you can see in bad lighting I'm definitely going to be in a fight

Shoutout to @UKLad81for suggesting I post more images even at the detriment of my confidence! 

sept.jpg

may front.jpg

june right.jpg

june left.jpg

crown2.jpg

crown1.jpg

• Like 1