Fail FUE in 2016 in Dr. bhatti , what now? (1500 grafts)

Hi, ive been a lurker on this site for about a year. I was on the search for a FUE procedure to touch up my hairline. Ive ran into good reviews about dr. Bhatti on here quite a few times and i decided to give him a try. What i wasnt too aware of at the time was because i am a african american/caribbean male my “curly/wavy” hair is difficult to extract without damaging the grafts. But back to traveling to new delhi in india . Dr. Bhatti is a great doctor and he made me very comfortable and confident enough to let him go through with the procedure. He also warned me before traveling that i would have to do a test to see if i he can extract my

Hair.

He said i would need 1500 grafts ...The test went well . He said “i have good news, we can do it” i was excited. We wrapped it up and i got ready for full procedure the next day being that the testing went well. But then my shoulders dropped and i was full of anger once i heard the words “sorry we have to stop your is curly and i dont want to damage ur grafts” THEE END.

Can someone recommend any doctors that have a hugh success rate with african americans in the United States? I really dont want to travel out the country again . I went to Dr. bhatti for a couple of reasons. 1. I saw good reviews 2. He made me comfortable 3. The price was great in USD . I had a phone consultation with Dr. Vories and explained my situation and he said he would also have to test. Ive seen his results with some of his african american clients and they also looked good. I also been following Dr. Dieps work with african americans/curly hair but seems way more than what i can afford

Is there anyone out there that would like to help in anyway? I know theres lots of answers here but i started my own thread to get direct answers to my specific situation. You guys are very helpful

Edited by ColinW
Added info

Very ethical of Dr Bhatti but what a frustrating experience.

If you are intent on fue, I know you're down on leaving the country again but if Dieps prices are too high for you, then you are going to be largely out of luck with most docs in the US outside of Dr Vories for fue as they are all in that 7-10 us per graft ball park. My initial thought would have been Dr Umar as he has specialized tools to extract difficult bodyhair which may well translate well into curly hair as well but he's around 10 us per graft so if Dieps pricy, you're not gonna like Umars pricing. If not there, I would think again about going abroad and look into Drs Bisanga and Lupanzula, not for nothing but who is going to know African hair better than African doctors and both are among the best fue suregons in the world doing tons of procedures so you'd get doctors who have probably encountered your hair type more often than Dr Bhatti, they are both worth a consult at the very least....or as Rappy said maybe look into FUT maybe it's a better route.

FUT, or you're just risking the same thing happening again. A user of a manual punch may have better success, but ultimately FUT is your best shot.

Hi, ive been a lurker on this site for about a year. I was on the search for a FUE procedure to touch up my hairline. Ive ran into good reviews about dr. Bhatti on here quite a few times and i decided to give him a try. What i wasnt too aware of at the time was because i am a african american/caribbean male my “curly/wavy” hair is difficult to extract without damaging the grafts. But back to traveling to new delhi in india . Dr. Bhatti is a great doctor and he made me very comfortable and confident enough to let him go through with the procedure. He also warned me before traveling that i would have to do a test to see if i he can extract my

Hair.

He said i would need 1500 grafts ...The test went well . He said “i have good news, we can do it” i was excited. We wrapped it up and i got ready for full procedure the next day being that the testing went well. But then my shoulders dropped and i was full of anger once i heard the words “sorry we have to stop your is curly and i dont want to damage ur grafts” THEE END.

Can someone recommend any doctors that have a hugh success rate with african americans in the United States? I really dont want to travel out the country again . I went to Dr. bhatti for a couple of reasons. 1. I saw good reviews 2. He made me comfortable 3. The price was great in USD . I had a phone consultation with Dr. Vories and explained my situation and he said he would also have to test. Ive seen his results with some of his african american clients and they also looked good. I also been following Dr. Dieps work with african americans/curly hair but seems way more than what i can afford

Is there anyone out there that would like to help in anyway? I know theres lots of answers here but i started my own thread to get direct answers to my specific situation. You guys are very helpful

Hi Colin,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I am sorry that you were not able to get your HT procedure done by Dr. Bhatti. With all due respect, the title of your post seems to be misleading. I would not call it a "fail FUE procedure" .....more like a "No FUE procedure". Thank you for your kind words about Dr. Bhatti. Thanks also for sharing that Dr. Bhatti had warned you before you booked your procedure with him that he might not be able to help you. We always try our best to be as transparent as possible. We strive hard to provide excellent HT results to all our Patients and when we feel that that is not possible, we don't hesitate to say so. Not every hair loss sufferer is a good HT candidate. That is just a fact.

As you have yourself mentioned, getting an FUE procedure done on African American hair can be challenging. We believe that some afrotextured hair is not favorably disposed for an FUE procedure due to the s-shaped bend of the shaft under the skin. We do not want to risk high transection rates.

We would never want to "gamble" with a Patient's precious grafts. That is why unless and until Dr. Bhatti is highly confident about the good results from an HT procedure, he would not take it on. I can understand your disappointment and frustrations. But I dread to imagine a scenario where the doctor would have moved forward with the procedure as is and then a few months down the road, you would have ended up with less than an optimal result. On top of that, you would have lost the grafts that were harvested/planted.

For the record, Dr. Bhatti has performed many HT procedures for African and African American Patients with excellent results but we would rather err on the side of caution. That is where the initial testing comes in.

We wish you all the best.

Regards,

California

Edited by California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Colin,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I am sorry that you were not able to get your HT procedure done by Dr. Bhatti. With all due respect, the title of your post seems to be misleading. I would not call it a "fail FUE procedure" .....more like a "No FUE procedure". Thank you for your kind words about Dr. Bhatti. Thanks also for sharing that Dr. Bhatti had warned you before you booked your procedure with him that he might not be able to help you. We always try our best to be as transparent as possible. We strive hard to provide excellent HT results to all our Patients and when we feel that that is not possible, we don't hesitate to say so. Not every hair loss sufferer is a good HT candidate. That is just a fact.

As you have yourself mentioned, getting an FUE procedure done on African American hair can be challenging. We believe that some afrotextured hair is not favorably disposed for an FUE procedure due to the s-shaped bend of the shaft under the skin. We do not want to risk high transection rates.

We would never want to "gamble" with a Patient's precious grafts. That is why unless and until Dr. Bhatti is highly confident about the good results from an HT procedure, he would not take it on. I can understand your disappointment and frustrations. But I dread to imagine a scenario where the doctor would have moved forward with the procedure as is and then a few months down the road, you would have ended up with less than an optimal result. On top of that, you would have lost the grafts that were harvested/planted.

For the record, Dr. Bhatti has performed many HT procedures for African and African American Patients with excellent results but we would rather err on the side of caution. That is where the initial testing comes in.

We wish you all the best.

Regards,

California

Is it possible to have this examined or confirmed at a consultation? To see just how curly the hair shaft is under the skin?

Hi Jimbraan,

You make a valid point but since a large percentage of Dr. Bhatti's Patients come to our Clinic from other countries, it is not logistically feasible to have an in person consultations before hand. That said, we have a pretty well structured process in place whereby Dr. Bhatti reviews closeup pictures of the Patient's donor and recipient areas (with Skype consultations if and when needed) before making his recommendations. This process works very well for our Patients and our Clinic but then there will be some exceptions such as this particular Patient, where an actual sample testing needs to be done before making a final call.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Sorry about the title, wasnt trying to imply what some may be thinking. If i can edit it i will whan i get to my computer. Dont want to look like im discrediting bhattis work in anyway. I guess i will try maybe one more time for a doctor that does lots of african american FUE procedures with “S” curl shaped hair. Ive had to suggestions on this post and i already did some research on those 2 docs. Does anyone else kno of any docs that have a good amount of experience with african americans? All suggestions and kind gestures are appreciated. Thanks guys

If a hair follows an 'S' pattern below the skin then this would make transection highly likely with FUE. From 1:00 in the following videos illustrates why such a problem would occur. The surgeon/extractor has to assume that the hair continues straight as he/she cannot see below the skin.