2.5 months growth - feedback?

baldfornow

Hello All,

I had something like 3700 grafts done in Bangkok 2.5 months ago. There were many transplants that did not shed, and I've been letting them grow. Lately, like the last 10 days, I've noticed more new hair popping through.

I had a lot of grafts done, but I also had a large area to cover, and my hair is very fine. So, I'm not expecting a full looking head of hair, but I'm wondering if this is it, or just the beginning of the new growth?

2 months 17 post op days to be exact. Should I expect substantially more growth or only a little bit more? I'm also including pre and post op pics.

Thanks for your feedback!

1.thumb.jpg.44eae9b9016b889109f33cb143a38f6f.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.f987576033d8c8272f05072a8b84a517.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.b1361f921c83fd64eb2d3db84498ab7c.jpg

front.jpg.74bcac73c5e0bde6bb638d134faa4f5a.jpg

top.thumb.jpg.70d823b1668b3f38ea978cbf0edff168.jpg

5b32f5645eccb_oneweekleftsideattemple.JPG.5294cd0e7b7ae8cbd1f808e4454f895a.JPG

After just 2.5 months it's barely even begun. Hang in there, there's plenty more coming!

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Bald for now,

I can understand to some degree why you might think this would be most of what you're going to get if the majority of your transplanted hair follicles never shed and are growing. However, when I compare your surgical pictures to the pictures you presented showing today, I wouldn't agree that most of your transplanted hair did not shed. At 2.5 months, I wouldn't even begin to think about this being your final result. Instead, regardless of how many follicles shed or are growing, I would wait until at least a year to evaluate your final result.

Best wishes,

Bill

It's been said, but to the best of your ability, try not to expect anything significant until at least 6 months post op. Some people grow earlier than that, and some later, but I think 6 months is a good middle ground as far as managing expectations. As Matt said, the beginning really hasn't even begun yet, so keep your head up and happy growing.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 5 weeks later...

Way too early my friend.

You'll start to see initial signs of growth around the 3-4 month mark, and your full result may not come in until the 18 month mark.

Good luck, and keep us posted. I've been reading good things about hair restoration in Thailand.

About my hair loss journey:

Happy Patient's Blog