800 FU at one year + 200 FU Dr De Reys

I went to my old thread but couldn't edit the title so I decided to create a new one. I haven't posted in quite a while.

Last year I had an FUE procedure. 800 grafts to my hairline, I wanted to restore my NW2.5 hairline to a more aesthetic NW2. Conserving my grafts for possible future progression of hair loss was important to me, so while I would have liked a nice low, dense hairline, I felt it would be a bit reckless. For this reason, I chose Dr De Reys, a surgeon noted for a conservative approach, with good ethics who does the extractions and incisions himself. Prior to the surgery, I was on finasteride and minoxidil for 4 years, regrew a modest amount of hair and maintained well above baseline since. I'm still on finasteride and minoxidil, in addition I now take soy isoflavone supplemements for equol, aloevera juice to reduce inflammation, and green tea egcg extract because it may (low bioavailability so not certain) down regulate androgen receptors.

Overall I would say the result was pretty good especially considering how few grafts were used, however the centre of my hairline had a low density spot which needed reinforcement, so I returned to Dr De Reys almost exactly a year after my previous surgery for an additional 200 grafts.

Overall I'd say the experience at the clinic was great, the procedure itself was carried out with utmost care, and I think in about 6 months time, I'll be able to put my hair stress and worries behind me, at least as long as finasteride and minoxidil keep doing their thing!

Overall my recommendation is that anyone who is looking for a careful, ethical surgeon, who will take care of and responsibly use your limited donor resources, and create natural looking hair, Dr De Reys comes highly recommended. If anyone is looking for low, dense, movie star hairlines, one of the Turkish surgeons might be a better option, especially if your hair loss isn't going to progress past an NW3 or 4. For those of us looking at a potential NW5 or 6 genetic destiny, who want better hair now, but also to keep some hair for down the road when we may need it, or those who already have extensive hair loss, Dr De Reys is a great choice.

Btw, if anyone i thinking about contacting him, DON'T USE THE UK WEBSITE!

Promotional links removed

This website is run by a Sri Lankan man and former patient who used to deal with UK customers, but was fired when it turned out he was quoting too many grafts and keeping the extra cash for himself. Apparently he now re directs any patients looking for Dr De Reys to German surgeons.

Dr De Reys can be contacted at this site instead

Promotional link removed

It's in Dutch, but everybody speaks English so it shouldn't be an issue.

The following photos were taken at 12 months post 800 grafts, and immediately after an additional 200 grafts.

IMG_1897.thumb.JPG.52fca36a7d4c37af274a0f4e335f66c0.JPG

IMG_1898.thumb.JPG.43960f2e8c79d5936ef4f4ebaad8f671.JPG

IMG_1899.thumb.JPG.ac9647381cd61c9e237c904311d1a4e0.JPG

IMG_1955.thumb.jpg.e8f78a11cc51d38f3dd03d0def9a215a.jpg

Edited by WantSephirothHair

This is interesting - the other week someone posted on here saying they were told that Dr De Reys no longer performs on UK patients, and that he is just focusing on Belgium patients. I thought that was strange, given he treated me in the past.

Is Nick no longer representing him? On my second operation Nick over quoted and did so when I was due to have my third operation (I got ill, so did not attend). I paid the deposit for 2200 grafts, which meant staying over three nights, but when I had personal correspondence with the doctor, he said 1500 would be more realistic. I was quite annoyed with Nick, because I double checked and asked him to verify this with Dr De Reys before paying my deposit.

Looking forward to seeing your final results. 200 grafts should do the trick!

I wonder if the person running his old website recommends Dr Villnow, because they were both represented by the same people before.

9133 FUE grafts over 4 operations:

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/

Yeah, Nick Baron is definitely not representing. Dr De Rey's anymore. He didn't mention anything specifically about U.K. Patients to me, he still does French, German and a Belgian patients of course. Sounds like Nick was trying to pull the same scam on you that Dr De Rey's said he was up to!

I'm really happy with the touch up, much more even looking density at the front from the looks of things. A small number of grafts, but I think it will make a significant difference.

I think it looks good already, and those extra 200 grafts will make a difference. It's a shame Dr De Reys can not close the website down, because it is not really fair on him if he is being mis-represented.

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/

• 2 weeks later...

Great results with relatively few grafts. I'm glad you're pleased. Looks like you have lots of donor options down the road if you need them. Sorry to hear about Dr. De Reys issues with the person scamming his patients. Hope he was able to find a way to make it up to those taken advantage of...without his knowledge. Happy growing. Take care of those new grafts.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Great results with relatively few grafts. I'm glad you're pleased. Looks like you have lots of donor options down the road if you need them. Sorry to hear about Dr. De Reys issues with the person scamming his patients. Hope he was able to find a way to make it up to those taken advantage of...without his knowledge. Happy growing. Take care of those new grafts.

I can't speak for others, but with me, he just refunded me the difference (between the number of grafts I paid for and the number of grafts I receive), so I presume this was his normal protocol and none of his patients will have been affected. He's a very decent and fair man.

I do feel a bit bad for him, because he probably has no control over his old website.

WantSeph,

Thanks for sharing your experience and coming back to share your results. Just for the record, we don't allow a promotional link so I did remove the links to the doctors website, both of them. I have actually emailed him several times recently and even though I heard from him not too long ago, I don't know why he's not responding recently. He had expressed interest in being considered for recommendation once again and for some reason, I can't get hold of him. But I do you like his work and what he has been doing.

I am glad you were happy with your new head of hair :-)

Bill

I always found he was a bit hit and miss with communication - he would either reply back straightaway or not at all. I hope he re-applies for recommendation on here, because that will surely stop the other person falsely promoting him, and I think he does a great job for a very reasonable price.

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody!

I am so glad I found this thread! I am helping out Dr. Rudi with his international patients right now, because as you mentioned, he had a bit of an issue with his UK rep.

Check out his new website: (Promotional link removed by moderator)

WantSephirothHair, thank you for your post and redirecting people. If you don't mind, I would like to publish a link to your post on the website.

Edited by David - Moderator

• 4 months later...
Hey everybody!

I am so glad I found this thread! I am helping out Dr. Rudi with his international patients right now, because as you mentioned, he had a bit of an issue with his UK rep.

Check out his new website: (Promotional link removed by moderator)

WantSephirothHair, thank you for your post and redirecting people. If you don't mind, I would like to publish a link to your post on the website.

Sorry, I've only just seen this message now! Yes you can publish a link to this post!

I'm at about 7 months post op now and I'm very satisfied with the result. Those extra 200 or so grafts have made a significant difference. It's a bit annoying that I had to go back to have a second procedure to achieve the result I hoped for with my first procedure, especially the ugly duckling and hat phase all over again! But ultimately Dr De Reyes gave me a great result and used only 1000 grafts. I'm very happy with my decision to go to him now, and definitely made the right choice. I was quoted 2600 grafts by one of the prominent Turkish surgeons. That would have eaten up over half my donor. Now I have a normal looking NW2 hairline and I've barely touched my donor, so I've got another 4-5000 grafts left for when I need them in the future!

I''ve also added dutasteride eod to my regimen, I think it may have slightly helped my density on top, but not totally sure.

• 5 months later...

So two year update. 2 years ago I had 800 grafts, and one year ago an additional 200 grafts. Very happy with the results. First two photos are in a room with natural light from the window, possibly the kindest lighting! The next two were taken outside on a cloudy, but bright day, facing the sun.

Dr Reys is not well known for his hairline work, but I hope people who see this will give him a look. Very nice work, very few grafts used, and great survival rate (my number one priorities) and lots of room for future maneuvering. Plus very reasonable prices.

IMG_5668.JPG

IMG_5669.JPG

IMG_5674.JPG

IMG_5676.JPG

Wow, great head of hair.  There’s a lot of jealous guys out there looking at your hairline. Glad you’re happy with the results.  Looks great.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you! At 25 I was a diffuse thinning Norwood 3V. Now at 32 I have an NW2 hairline thanks to Dr de Reys. My density is not great, but I have mostly good coverage all over the top because of finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil and dermarolling. Parting fluctuates between decent and slightly two wide on a monthly basis. Still shed 200+ hairs a day and hae done for over 10 years, but it's not having a significant impact on my density

Very nice, natural outcome with minimal number of grafts. Congrats.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.