Dr. Hasson / 4042 Grafts/ FUT/ 1 Session/ 9 months post-op

Vancouver area patient in his mid 30’s was bothered by his hairline and frontal zone. Weakness extended into the mid scalp. Dr. Hasson and team transplanted 4042 grafts via FUT to restore the aforementioned areas. Of the 4042 grafts, 998 were singles, 2691 were doubles and 353 were 3-4 hair grafts. Photos were taken 9 months post-op.

mb-dr-h-fut-9-months-front.jpg

mb-dr-h-fut-9-months-front-mid.jpg

mb-dr-h-fut-9-months-front-top.jpg

mb-dr-h-fut-9-months-front-close.jpg

mb-dr-h-fut-9-months-front-right.jpg

mb-dr-h-fut-9-months-right.jpg

mb-dr-h-fut-9-months-right-close.jpg

mb-dr-h-fut-9-months-front-left.jpg

mb-dr-h-fut-9-months-front-left-close.jpg

mb-dr-h-fut-9-months-top.jpg

mb-dr-h-fut-9-months-top-part.jpg

mb-dr-h-fut-surgery.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like seeing results like this because I've used the comb over approach myself and I can clearly see that this patient did the same thing. You can see in his pre-op photos how long the hair is on one side.

What I wish you would have done was take photos of his hair as he normally styled it before his hair transplant. I don't think he walked around looking like Bill Murray from Kingpin before his hair transplant so because you didn't show his hair style before then all it looks like is that you uncombed his combover and then combed it back over.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheddar, mikeyhwk, Bald 36, thx for the comments.

Bald 36,

I've seen results that do look like they could be a comb over but that is why I try and present a top shot of the hair parted as I did here to show it is not just another comb over. I have seen many pre-op shoots that don't adequately comb the hair away to reveal the bald scalp and in that case you can't appreciate the result. Many a spectacular result had to be shelved because the pre-op pics weren't executed properly. I have attached a few pics of another patient with the hair combed over the area before the procedure similar to the way he would style his hair and also combed away to reveal the balding area along with 2 result shots. I guess for me the comb over pre-ops are not necessary but maybe they bring some value to others. I think the best pre-op presentation, in this case, would be a video of the patient with his hair combed over then a gust of wind flipping the hair away to expose the loss. Maybe we can come up with one of those, thx for the idea!:)

bp-drw-fut-side-by-side-1.jpg

bp-drw-fut-side-by-side-2.jpg

bp-drw-fut-side-by-side-3.jpg

bp-drw-fut-side-by-side-4.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

• 2 weeks later...