Advice needed

Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or has ever experienced similar as I have post FUE. I'm nine months post op and have seen a few hairs break through the skin but not grown any more than a few millimetres at best. This has been like it for about two months. They came through the scalp, grew to their current length in what I'd call a regular time but haven't carried on growing. I've attached a photo with the hairs circled.

As the hairs I have noticed are near the frontal hairline I can see them, but I'd assume there could be more further back doing the same thing that I can't see.

image1.JPG.fe165cd3b4c58f161e0b68bb1695c5b1.JPG

I see a couple of shorter hairs within the red circles (one looking like no more than stubble) but I'm guessing a lot of the other hairs in the area which are full length are also transplanted. Am I right?

If those shorter hairs have remained at that length for two months then to be honest I'm not exactly sure why that would be - but remember that the follicles have undergone trauma during the procedure and it can take time for them to fully recover.

Are you from Plymouth in Devon? I'm close to there.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I'm from the Newton Abbot area. I visit Plymouth occasionally and the Barbican and Royal William Yard are nice places.

Hopefully the short hairs will start growing properly soon, so it's basically a case of waiting and keeping an eye on them. I'd be interested to know how many grafts you had and if you can post more photos from before and after it would be easier to judge how successful your procedure was.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

mattj I have attached some photos of my hair post op, straight after and recently. Some are from last week before a hair cut and some after.

I had 3061 grafts done by Dr Tayfun Oguzoglu 9 months ago, method was micro motor FUE

IMG_5745.thumb.jpg.e6aa7f04f2dd6900af400a7967e27e92.jpg

IMG_5879.thumb.jpg.c20cdbb4d95c05e405d5ad40679b4faa.jpg

IMG_8307.thumb.JPG.02fa2bd33fe0208dd6047bf84ffcfe1e.JPG

IMG_8317.thumb.jpg.2c15fedd4ab708113ada78039f0dceff.jpg

IMG_7351.jpg.885239464ac9cf33e7c86a7ed8191e4b.jpg

• 3 months later...
dude il be honest that doesnt look like 3000 grafts...

I’d agree, it looks very sparse for Just over 3000 grafts, might be worth checking in with dr ball at the maitland clinic he’s down your sort of way Portsmouth I belive, very good Dr and will tell you what’s going on

The short stubble hairs you indicated in the photo were most likely just temporarily suspended. It truly takes a full year to see the results of a hair transplant procedure, sometimes longer. I'm glad that your result filled in with the additional time you gave it.

Dr Lupanzula E.

MeDiKemos Hair Transplantation

Dr. Emorane Lupanzula is recommended on Hair Transplant Network

Email: info@medikemos.com

Telephone: + 32 2 535 55 40

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MHairTransplantation

Looks like its starting to fill in much nicer at the one year point. Some guys are “late-bloomers”. Hopefully it will thicken up some in the coming months as well. Glad you seem to be pleased at this point.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys I didn't get an email notification to say someone else had commented on the post, hence the late reply. Dr Tayfun done the extractions along with one other member of staff (Dr or Tech I'm unsure). He then made the incisions and banadaged me up for lunch. After lunch it was two technicians who implanted the grafts.

Eh....I had some of those hairs, too, that seemingly did not grow. Try pulling on one with tweezers, I bet they come out with no effort, at all (at least mine did). I THOUGHT I read that meant they were originally transplanted hairs that never took (died) but stayed in the hole. Again, this was very few....we are talking 10 or so out of several thousand grafts.

Eh....I had some of those hairs, too, that seemingly did not grow. Try pulling on one with tweezers, I bet they come out with no effort, at all (at least mine did). I THOUGHT I read that meant they were originally transplanted hairs that never took (died) but stayed in the hole. Again, this was very few....we are talking 10 or so out of several thousand grafts.

I'm happy to say that those hairs have ended up growing for me. Must have been in some type of resting phase. The only hair I pulled out was one which looked like a corkscrew. When I look into that area now there's only normal hair now so it either never re grew or a normall follicle came out after