New Surgery - 1100+ Units w Dr. Lovitt (Dr. James Harris) Denver, CO

GZ

Hi all,

Just want to share and document my experience.

Had my procedure today w Dr. Lovitt at the Hair Sciences Center (office of Dr. Harris) in Denver. Dr. Lovitt and her staff were amazing. Very accommodating and made me feel comfortable the entire time.

I decided against the IV sedative. The first few minutes were mildly irritating as they numbed up my dome, but after that they did a very good job of keeping me numb by reinjecting through the procedure. We got started around 9am and were done around 3pm.

Just resting at home and following the post op instructions. Gonna upload photos.

I welcome any questions and of course, any encouraging words.

I've been reading these forms for years and have you all to thank for getting Dr. Harris, Dr. Lovitt and their staff on my radar. Thanks!

rsz_20170530_181345.thumb.jpg.09e01f57980942f6cc360a68ea2df3e5.jpg

rsz_20170530_181230.thumb.jpg.72f47ae086969c23a0fb73a8c36b97fe.jpg

20170530_181413.thumb.jpg.f79182eaf5e86f6f8bc71e44e7e66272.jpg

Edited by GZ
  • Like 1

Congratulations! The work looks very refined. Please continue to update us on your progress.

Happy growing!

• Thanks 1

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Didn't look like I was swollen at all so I started to take the tape off ... Had some swelling drop into my forehead. Took some Motrin and I'm icing it.

Everything else seems to be healing fine. Will add photos shortly.

• Like 1

Procedure looks good !

I have about the same type of hairloss as you.

How old are you and do you have pictures of the donor area

Thanks

• Like 1

Hey gz

No problem looks like your healing very good as well. Happy growing I will be following

Some updated photos from day 7. I had a hat on earlier, hence the forehead line.

Looks like it's healing nicely. Def a difference in density between the fradts and the hair behind it for an inch or two. Wonder if that's gonna be a problem. Hairline seems to be ok. One day I think it looks fine, the next a little too angled.

Healing well though. Almost all the graft scabs fell off and the donor area is almost all healed as well.

I've been using rogaine for a few days now to try to avoid shock loss.

I've also been using a shea butter based cream on it that seems to be helping w the healing.

rsz_20170606_092953.jpg.8964804ea31eca216724107fbd54fea9.jpg

rsz_20170606_232233.jpg.03a698c1ae61209999ec019bf23bbd37.jpg

rsz_20170606_232244.jpg.32979baf3cefc8de284231ae6553b691.jpg

12 days out.

Hoping the bumps around the grafts heal. I've been reading about cobble stoning. That's not happening, is it?

I also wish the grafts were placed in a way that they faded more into the back of my scalp. It's so dense in the front, then thinking immediately. I had thought slightly more area was going to be covered.

Thoughts?

20170611_091543.jpg.252e8092a0dc96db7b2936a03c052015.jpg

20170611_091554.jpg.772052189fb02254d1bf97ca6da46ceb.jpg

20170611_091604.jpg.c59e982ee6173a4eb8eabae98949bd50.jpg

20170611_091534.jpg.46e51137c6f0e6180a9a1b7571bf6c69.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 5 years later...

@GZ I know it's been years, do you have any updates & photos from this procedure by Dr. Shelly Lovitt?

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, mavigo said:

@GZ I know it's been years, do you have any updates & photos from this procedure by Dr. Shelly Lovitt?

This was the same doctor that did @HappyMan2021

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, mavigo said:

Yes I can get you some updated photos. I actually had a second procedure done in spring of 2020. 

Will add photos this evening ✌️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GZ said:

Yes I can get you some updated photos. I actually had a second procedure done in spring of 2020. 

Will add photos this evening ✌️

Appreciate the quick reply. Hope all is going well. Was the second procedure done by the same doctor?

34 minutes ago, mavigo said:

Appreciate the quick reply. Hope all is going well. Was the second procedure done by the same doctor?

Yes same doctor. Quite happy with the results.

• Thanks 1

@GZ Very nice. How many grafts for the second procedure? The first was 1,100 and the second was...?

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, mavigo said:

@GZ Very nice. How many grafts for the second procedure? The first was 1,100 and the second was...?

Thanks. 

I believe it was about the same. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, HappyMan2021 said:

@GZ how do you feel about the obvious lack of density in the end-result?

Lovitt.png

Unsure my man. I think I have the density one would expect after ~2200 grafts based on what I had before. The circle on the right was after a welding accident where a splatter landed on my head and the hair hasnt grow back. You can see it at 1:00 in your circle. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GZ said:

Unsure my man. I think I have the density one would expect after ~2200 grafts based on what I had before. The circle on the right was after a welding accident where a splatter landed on my head and the hair hasnt grow back. You can see it at 1:00 in your circle. 

I will be transparent and say - as @Melvin- Moderator already mentioned, I am a former Lovitt patient myself, so I am coming into this with my own biases and lived experiences. I was horribly botched by Lovitt with many bad angles and an appalling lack of density. 

You fortunately were spared bad angles. 

However, it is clear Lovitt is still bad with density. My 100% objective opinion is there is a significant lack of density in your end-result. You look "less-balding" but still balding nonetheless.  

Furthermore, some of your balding that Lovitt failed to address does look unnatural. 

I'd also be curious to see the other side of your scalp, that is currently covered by hair in your pictures. I assume that side is also lacking in density. 

Screenshot (38).png

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I will be transparent and say - as @Melvin- Moderator already mentioned, I am a former Lovitt patient myself, so I am coming into this with my own biases and lived experiences. I was horribly botched by Lovitt with many bad angles and an appalling lack of density. 

You fortunately were spared bad angles. 

However, it is clear Lovitt is still bad with density. My 100% objective opinion is there is a significant lack of density in your end-result. You look "less-balding" but still balding nonetheless.  

Furthermore, some of your balding that Lovitt failed to address does look unnatural. 

I'd also be curious to see the other side of your scalp, that is currently covered by hair in your pictures. I assume that side is also lacking in density. 

Screenshot (38).png

Ah I understand. 

The reason I went back for a second procedure was because the first procedure didn't fill in the middle. It was moste like a 1.5 inch crown around the front hairline.

During the second procedure I asked her to fill in and add density. I feel like it is quite a bit better. Could it be improved? Perhaps. 

I also think some of your circles are pretty arbitrary. I had just gotten out of the shower and dried my hair. Didn't style or use any product ... And I'm due for a haircut tmrw 

• Confused 1
  • Face Palm 1

@GZ Are you satisfied with the outcome or are you considering another procedure?