Feller/Bloxham Thread Locked

Mick50

Was disappointed to see the Feller/Bloxham thread was locked from what seems to be

over a few over -sensitive souls were offended by it .

How are new posters supposed to learn about the differences between FUT/FUE if the valuable information on the thread is suppressed ?,OK things got a bit heated between Dr Feller and Mavgunther but mav said he wouldn't comment on any of Dr Fellers threads in the future but as he pointed out the thread wasn't started by Dr Feller, but leaving that aside

in my opinion the thread should be left open .

People may not like what Dr Feller has to say or how he says it , and we must keep in mind he's not the only Doc with the same opinion, but at least he's prepared to put his head above the parapet and lets be honest love or hate him it's always interesting .

Edited by Mick50

Was disappointed to see the Feller/Bloxham thread was locked from what seems to be

over a few over -sensitive souls were offended by it .

How are new posters supposed to learn about the differences between FUT/FUE if the valuable information on the thread is suppressed ?,OK things got a bit heated between Dr Feller and Mavgunther but mav said he wouldn't comment on any of Dr Fellers threads in the future but as he pointed out the thread wasn't started by Dr Feller, but leaving that aside

in my opinion the thread should be left open .

People may not like what Dr Feller has to say or how he says it , and we must keep in mind he's not the only Doc with the same opinion, but at least he's prepared to put his head above the parapet and lets be honest love or hate him it's always interesting .

Mick, I wouldn't worry too much about it, I have a hunch this FUT/FUE debate will continue in future threads. I'm personally tired of it as it's just the same thing being recycled over and over by the same doctor, so looking forward to moving onwards from it for now. Agree that until different surgeons can jump into the debate, it's not adding anything new. Perhaps we can just send these new patients a link to the original "FUT is more popular than FUE" thread. Stealing the words of the said doctor:

"No need for the same doctor to be promoting FUT versus FUE over and over and over again for years. No matter how you cut it, that behavior is agenda driven....."

Hi Mick,

Thanks for the support. We'll continue sharing this information openly and honestly online. I think it's making an impact, and I truly hope it's helping people make an informed decision before undergoing a hair transplant. Whichever route they chose to take, they must have all the facts presented in order to make an informed decision.

I must also state -- especially with my background -- that I highly respect and appreciate what the moderators do here. It's not always the easiest or most popular job, but they are doing a great job keeping the community running and allowing patients to seek out the information they need before "taking the plunge."

Stay tuned for more and thank you for your contribution to the threads.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I didn't see anything to lock the thread over and certainly some were being overly sensitive, but no new ground was being covered and very few doctors are going to be prepared to shed new light or their own opinion in the debate with someone as headstrong and opinionated as Dr. Feller, for better or worse. Even Feller has being quoted as saying the tools and methodology aren't as important as results, and I think there are plenty of fantastic surgeons both FUT and FUE cases for people to look at here and elsewhere to make up their own minds. Certainly for me I looked at thousands and didn't feel I was going to get a better result than going with Erdogan, regardless of the method.

Guys,

Not everyone will be happy with every decision we make. But creating a topic to discuss your disappointment over a topic that was locked isn't going to make things any better. For the most part, the topic was an ongoing debate about FUT vs. FUE. However, we had several private complaints about the topic and by looking at the last couple pages, I was inclined to agree.

I appreciate that a few are disappointed that the recent debate thread was locked. However, hopefully it will serve as a reminder that members need to express their opinions respectfully without resorting to personal attacks.

I am perfectly fine with members discussing and debating the pros and cons of Strip Vs. FUE. However, an ongoing heated debate resorting in inflammation and personal insult is not conducive to education and support.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Mick,

I must also state -- especially with my background -- that I highly respect and appreciate what the moderators do here. It's not always the easiest or most popular job, but they are doing a great job keeping the community running and allowing patients to seek out the information they need before "taking the plunge."

Stay tuned for more and thank you for your contribution to the threads.

My pleasureI, I have no agenda here other than to help others, hair loss can be corrosive to the soul and quality of someone's life, bottom line is we all have the same objective here but it

is an emotive topic and we can all say things in the heat of the moment ,and I agree the moderators do a great job and of course they wont please everyone all the time .

The balance of information has been restored with both yours and Dr Feller's threads so now guys can make an informed decision .

I think locking threads is no good unless physical threats are presented. If not, let them run back and forth and die down or etc. For new folks it is important to evaluate and make their own decision. Even locking up threads due to docs, let the doc or agent and patient duke it out and let others see how they handle it. Some forums dont even allow as much as you do, which is appreciated. Which is why some may be under the radar of organizations they feel are not monitoring.

The best is to not to defend a paying doc nor to bereate a frustrated patient. Keep it open. If we are not a judge and jury then no one is offended as this forum is also not in the business of being judge jury. then let it run its course. I have no issues with it.

Yes, if fake ips or trolls are poppin up then thats a diff situation. If threats are presented, then thats a different situation.

At the end of the day, there should be no suppression as it is important for people to learn. It is a forum after all. Then the folks that have participated in lengthy discussions feel cheated. Its a tough call but the more freedom you give the more active users will be.