Experience with Bosley?

dew

Just looking for options here. I live in an area where there are few hair restoration doctors/clinics. I went to Bosley/Hairclub for a consultation and they will have to send me to Kansas City for surgery. When I tried to follow up by reading reviews on the surgeon they use I can't find any patient reviews. Also - his biographical information has little if any mention of hair restoration experience...only that he has been doing it in Minnesota and other states for 10 years. The reviews I did see were people stating that if a person had a choice he/she should go to the Shapiro medical group in Minneapolis. I know the surgeon one uses is a major factor in success and satisfaction...so I don't want to make a mistake. Thoughts? Thoughts on Bosley?

I live in an area where there are few hair restoration doctors/clinics.

Do you live on or near Planet Earth? There are many places there that perform Hair Transplantation.

Seriously, if you read through any number of threads here, you will quickly see that travel should be one of the last criteria or at least a minor consideration in choosing a surgeon. You want a well-reviewed, dedicated, quality doctor - if you are not finding that at Bosley, that's a warning sign. No reviews...yep, that's a warning sign.

I can't tell you how many posts here are started with "After my less-than-stellar procedure at Bosley, I then decided to...."

• Like 1

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Appreciate the feedback. Cutting through your sarcasm I get the message to stay away from Bosley and look for surgeons that have good reviews. I do live on planet earth. Once again - thanks.

Please please please, don't go to Bosley. They are a hair mill, turning a quick buck, nothing more. Spend more time on this site, READ and RESEARCH. Don't jump into HT too quickly. Trust me, you will thank us later. You need few months of research, send your pictures to recommended doctors here.

Don't let the distance/location determined the clinic for your procedure.

Please stay away from all chain clinics.

Bosley, Ziegler, and a newer hack enterprise called Maxim are to be avoided among others.

Also be weary of any doctor with these chains in their background or as their "residency".

Do not fear travel to get the right work done by the right guy.

Truth be told, there are only about five surgeons currently practicing in North America that I would let touch me.

As a veteran of three transplants, I can gladly share with you my experiences if you like.

I've had a vanilla and underwhelming procedure with a doctor I don't publicly name, and two satisfying one's with Dr. Gabel.

And I live in Austin and flew all the way to Portland twice to be operated on by him, so our rapport is good.

Edited by Speegs

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I'm glad you came here looking for advice and guidance. As the others have stated, you're much better off avoiding Bosley and sticking with recommended surgeons from this forum. Do tons of research and get in touch with former patients of any doctors you're interested in to get their feedback. And as convenient as it can be to find a surgeon in your vicinity, close proximity shouldn't play a huge factor in making your decision. Happy researching. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I know someone that went to Bosley. Results were horrific, not to mention the terrible strip scars. Very unnatural look. Based on what i saw, the reflection of their work is absolutely not in par with experienced FUT surgeons. Continue to research. PM few folks to getvtheir input too. I can suggest some names but filter the doc that can cater to your goals safely and effectively. Best of luck.

Worst experience in my life (many years ago), stay away.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 1 month later...

I first met with a Bosley salesmen when I was 23, continued to do research. I came across Dr. Vogel in Maryland, he said wait until I'm at least 28. I waited then went to Dr. Vogel, the rest is history.

Finding a good doctor is key. I am beginning to wonder how a place like Bosley stays in business.