Tell me how bad my hair loss is... I need opinions

Hey everyone. I've been browsing this website and these forums for a few months now and feeling more and more confident with getting surgery.

I have checked the recommended doctors on this website (mainly the coalition one). After researching them and getting free consultations, I realized I can't afford $10,000 US for a ~3,500 graft procedure.

I know it is an estimate because they are seeing the same photos I'm sharing here today, but I was thinking I would get this done for half the price or even cheaper!

I notice a lot of the posts on this site don't share the prices they paid for the surgeries, which is what I'm most curious about.

I'm a Canadian living in Dubai, and I get heavily discounted flight tickets. So destination isn't an issue for me at all. I can take a month of work for the procedure and for time to heal/grow some hair back.

So basically I'm wanting to know what your guys opinion is on my current state of hair, and maybe any decent doctors with decent prices.

Thanks so much in advanced!

image2.JPG.6b1b75f09011bf397337f854ccda5e28.JPG

image1.thumb.jpg.b2a9ad57233c49dfd6198c504c206a1f.jpg

image3.thumb.jpg.46fb53070b3a442f5b68d69309470a60.jpg

You need to be very careful price searching. If you're doing that, you probably don't need to get into it. You are going to be pretty advanced. I wouldn't really drop the hairline, but just kind of fill in. You'll eventually need temple points and I can't really tell what you donor looks like.

Are you on finasteride?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

$10k for 3,500 grafts is a pretty good price, that's less than $2.86 per graft. Most sought after North American based doctors charge $4 or $5 per graft.

Your hair loss is relatively advanced, showing signs of both vertex, crown, and frontal thinning.

To be perfectly honest, 3500 isn't enough, it's only a start, would probably restore your hairline area and that's it.

You also have dark hair and light skin, which creates contrast that makes density more difficult to achieve.

Whatever you decide know that you'll likely be starting a journey, not ending one, there will be no instant gratification and you appear to need more than one procedure, all spaced at least a year a part.

And PLEASE, do not make affordability the end all be all of where you choose to go, do not compromise a safe and reputable physician for dollars, in the end it will cost you more.

If you can't afford to do it right I would advise not doing it until you can afford to do so.

Happy to talk you about my experiences with a couple of doctors and who I would recommend, but do not rush into this.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Hey everyone. I've been browsing this website and these forums for a few months now and feeling more and more confident with getting surgery.

I have checked the recommended doctors on this website (mainly the coalition one). After researching them and getting free consultations, I realized I can't afford $10,000 US for a ~3,500 graft procedure.

I know it is an estimate because they are seeing the same photos I'm sharing here today, but I was thinking I would get this done for half the price or even cheaper!

I notice a lot of the posts on this site don't share the prices they paid for the surgeries, which is what I'm most curious about.

I'm a Canadian living in Dubai, and I get heavily discounted flight tickets. So destination isn't an issue for me at all. I can take a month of work for the procedure and for time to heal/grow some hair back.

So basically I'm wanting to know what your guys opinion is on my current state of hair, and maybe any decent doctors with decent prices.

Thanks so much in advanced!

Look into the FUE masters ASMED (Dr. Erdogan) or Dr. Keser in Turkey since you're closer to that area and are more affordable slightly, also you might want to research meds such as Propecia - including possible side effects too ! - for maintaining after the HT.

Also FUT might be better in your case as you have advanced hair loss extending back into the vertex, so Dr. Hasson, Rahal and Konior could ones to research for FUT.

good luck

Edit: You are really missing two crucial steps here:

(1) have you decided on FUT vs FUE?

and (2) have you researched hair loss meds including Finasteride and Minoxidil (including potential for side effects) ?

Until you have done those two you should not proceed with the doctor selection/pricing phase.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hairloss seems to be headed in advance direction. If docs agree, try meds to sustain or possibly regrow hairs. Need to at least try meds for a year to see full benefits.

If you do surgery, approach nice and slow. Avoid mega sessions and since you are close to Turkey, if you decide FUE, id definitely think you should speak to Dr Keser due to his surgical protocol. overall, be very very careful with your surgical plan. Any questions, feel free to PM.

Best of luck.

Be careful, many doctors to offer budget pricing may not be offering state of the art hair transplant surgery. I'm not suggesting that price is a determining factor however, $10,000 for 3500 grafts is actually a really good deal.

In my opinion, save up your money and get it done right the first time. Don't risk going to an unknown surgeon for a reduced cost and then hoping things will turn out OK. I've seen many horror stories over the last decade when people make decisions based on budget.

Best wishes,

Bill