Rogaine - age limit

sonypc100

Ive been using minoxidil for many years and recently couldn't get my usual generic 5% brand so I purchased the branded Rogaine version.

The instructions caught my eye as it says to be used by men aged between 18 and 49.

As I am now 45 and heading to 46 I wondered why its not supposed to be used once you reach the big 50?

Is it deemed pointless or dangerous after 50?

There are 'extra strength' minoxidil products that are recommended for ages up to 65. So go for it.

I think the reasoning is that after 65 you are subject to many ills and problems that the minox may interfere with other meds you may be on.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• 3 weeks later...
It was probably neve tried on men over that age that's why

This is my understanding. The clinical trials were done on men of a certain age range and this is what they can support based on data. There is certainly no harm in using the drug beyond this age limit and it may be just as effective.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 3 weeks later...
This is my understanding. The clinical trials were done on men of a certain age range and this is what they can support based on data. There is certainly no harm in using the drug beyond this age limit and it may be just as effective.

David can u please enable my messages ?

Also please have a look at my HT thread, let me have ur thoughts

Sorry this is the only way of getting hold of u , as I can't read or send PM