FUE Donor safe zone? Seems to be moving?

They don't. It is an educated guess. In some cases even the "safe" donor zone can thin after a few years.

Well said. And that's why finasteride comes in handy.

Where is the safe zone for FUE? It seems its different from person to person ? Also from clinic to clinic?

In most patients, the safe zone is on the sides of the head and lower part of the back of the head.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

It's an educated guess...one that FUT is usually better at getting right on average, just the same, hair even in the "safe' donor area is susceptible to some thinning later in life due to aging.

But a responsibly performed transplant should not thin out drastically even in the event of age related thinning.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Although there is a so-called universal safe zone the fine details are very patient independent.

Factors such as retrograde hair loss, potential for scarring and non-scarring types of hair loss in some parts of the scalp, as well as family history of extent of baldness etc play a part.

And ultimately in some cases some patients do thin out all over including the donor as mentioned above.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

You've already been given some excellent advice and information on this topic but allow me to offer some additional input. The universal donor safe area represents a relatively small area so that pretty much everybody is safe when harvesting from that area. However, some doctors based on family history and current hair loss progression based on your age will make an educated guess and may extend outside universal safe zone in order to harvest more hair. That was true for me even with strip as my scar extends almost all the way to my temples. I am now 40 years old and I'm n that was true for me even with strip as my scar extends almost all the way to my temples. I am now 40 years old and while some may have lost her hair at the temples revealing a scar, I have not. Obviously there is still a risk that this will happen but the area is still exceptionally stick and is showing no signs of miniaturization.

Hair transplant surgery is not an exact science however, but more times than not, experienced and top-notch hair transplant surgeons will get it right and provide each patient with an individualized hair restoration plan and procedure.

I hope this helps.

Bill

This is why I recommend guys who have MPB to look closely at the donor zones of the older men in their families who also have MPB.

Because MPB is a genetic trait, it is worthwhile to see how the older men (fathers, grandfathers, uncles, etc.) lose their hair and the loss patterns they experience.

If the older men have thinned out donor areas, then chanced are, it will happen to you as well.

Almost everyone's donor looks strong under the age of say 30, but that can change when they get over 40 plus.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY