LOSING FAITH almost 6 months post op

Jdog

I received 4650 grafts from the front all the way to the crown. I was very optimistic as there were grafts densely packed in the front and the crown looked quite good too. The scalp was fully covered and looked great.

At 6 months post op I am feeling very low. Reality sets in when I get out of shower and dry my hair without styling it (thicking with wax) it looks horrific. I have colourless and wispy hair in a lot of areas but honestly i have seen some very decent results at 6 months and they keep getting stronger between 6-10 months. My result right now is realistically well behind what I was expecting. When i let the hair sit naturally I realise how thin it really is. My native hair has been hiding the thinness in the front it for a couple of months now but if I shaved my head i am sure the difference between pre op and now would be minimal.

posted some photos of pre op and now. Would be good to get an opinion. Please know that the native hair makes it look better than what it actually is. I'm sure finesteride and the Regain e are thickening my native hair so it probably means the transplant is worse than stated if it's the meds doing their job.

Feeling very low.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.cf11b8f9034c24322e74b37a4042a41c.jpg

image1.jpg.497fcdc85df740e649143418d2186601.jpg

image3.thumb.jpg.b2ec4ebb1e16c3299054ad676f90e2c0.jpg

image4.thumb.jpg.ec175721c41d7e475a5ac2a80c3bb4d8.jpg

image5.thumb.jpg.0acc6c27dc3a9218e36bb989d6d30b23.jpg

image6.thumb.jpg.f4b201da30ff337c4c17eef6ad8d253a.jpg

From my own experience i was kinda feeling the same thing around month 6 and it really turned around for me within the last month (month 8ish..) It was really thin and still quite patchy for me... i had a lot less hair than you from the start so it was actually a lot more noticeable (the patchiness..) Don't let it get you down, i kept as much of a positive outlook on it as i could and the last 30 days have been the biggest improvement for me out of the entire process.. i have been using toppik the entire time, and the last month i've used less and less, only in my crown area since that wasn't really addressed much with my fut..

Keep your head up, i see progress for you and if you end up like me you'll see the most improvement in another 2ish months.

I agree with Mr Burns, don't stress it, you're right about where you should be. You're not an early grower, nothing wrong with that but you're not behind. Some guys just get lucky and they are sittin with a full head of hair at month 5 and if you base it against them you're setting yourself up for a disappointment. I feel the same way, I am at month 6 and got some peak thru in the front but that is where I had nothing going into this so the hair is really all new and whispy compared to other spots where it is mixed in with native hair so its natural its lagging but it all plays catch up. You've got good growth going on overall but its clear that where you had less hair starting is the part thats lagging now much the same as me. You're on track so don't be disillusioned which I understand being there myself is easier said than done.

Whatever you do DO NOT STOP THE REGAINE AND FIN

by month 12 you will be sitting pretty with a full head of hair

Nothing to do but wait and try not to examine

Maybe stay off these boards till then, waiting can get frustrating but maybe taking your mind off of it all till then will help. There is nothing else you can do right now anyway. You are doing all the right things.

You'll see. Give it a full 12 months on these meds and let the HT grow in.

Thanks for the positive comments.

Honestly all this procedure has given me so far is a hell of a lot of anxiety. Did I pay Thousands of dollars for anxiety? I didn't know anxiety was for sale.

There is no doubt that based on consistency of results FUT does provide better results, especially with larger procedures. What FUT doesn't provide you though is a way out, once you are cut open you're locked in to the commitment. FUE on the other hand does give you a get out of jail card if all fails and you can usually shave your head without a big smiley face The possibility. FUT failure scares the hell out of me, all I was thinking of at the time was give me hair and as much as possible.

As others have already stated, you're still early in the game. Try not to stress. Take regular, monthly photos under the same lighting conditions to compare your results. I had major changes between 8 and 10 months with my first HT.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks for the positive comments.

Honestly all this procedure has given me so far is a hell of a lot of anxiety. Did I pay Thousands of dollars for anxiety? I didn't know anxiety was for sale.

I feel you man. This is why it can't be stated enough that patience is one of the fundamental aspects of having a positive hair transplant experience. I think it's a good general rule to mentally prepare oneself to not even begin to see results of any kind until the 6th month or so, and significant results for several months more after that. I know it's difficult to do. Regardless, you seem to be on track and I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted - and try not to stress out anymore. That won't do your hair or your health any favors. :)

Edited by pkipling

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Who was your surgeon?

It was some world re-nowned chickie in Australia somewhere.

Hey Jdog, I know EXACTLY what you're going through, big guy.

I had a supermodel wife. She left me too, because I wasnt the same guy she was married to.

No shit woman, I got no hair left on my head FFS!!!!! :o

Sorry photos uploaded are messed up. 1st photo is 6 months post op, second and third are one month post op and 4th is 6 months like the 1st photo.

So I shaved the hair down evenly to a 4 guard to get a proper idea of what is going on as I couldn't tell with native hair and frizzy crap all over the place. Anyway when I compare 1 month post op to 6 months there has been some progress. Although at 6 months it's well behind some patients results. Still don't know what to think but it's a bit better thank what I thought.

IMG_2443.thumb.jpg.99628ce320a5c6d28e085a8564e878e3.jpg

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.36e8ffbd9ed5733520266cd6f4cf54c0.jpg

image1.jpg.62d7fe727b6416067b7f6ce8901487e9.jpg

IMG_2440.thumb.jpg.c54a0b6b57832025c1c340a718b7bade.jpg

Jdog, if you need someone to talk to, hit me up on Skype.

I know EXACTLY what you're going through. My wife left me too.

Although I cant really blame her.

My handle on there is JohnnyDH (or something rather).

Cheers, homey :D

Hey Dutchie,

Thanks for the kind words and will add you on Skype. It's ridiculous how life can beat the shit out of you. I was a hair system wearer for years and was kind of ok with it and dealt with it as hey looked very natural.

When she gave me the wonderful news I freaked the hell out as hairloss has been my ultimate weakness for years now but when you are in a marriage you just find ways to get on with it.. My weakness was exposed as soon as this happened and I thought I'm going to look into hair transplants and I had the cash so I went for it.

The crazy thing it seems my future happiness is riding on this procedure and it is overwhelming the hell out of me. Now is that putting pressure on yourself or what????

What can I say? Losing hair in early 20's is just soul destroying, well it was for me and I am only still 29.

Edited by Jdog

Hey Dutchie,

Thanks for the kind words and will add you on Skype. It's ridiculous how life can beat the shit out of you. I was a hair system wearer for years and was kind of ok with it and dealt with it as hey looked very natural.

When she gave me the wonderful news I freaked the hell out as hairloss has been my ultimate weakness for years now but when you are in a marriage you just find ways to get on with it and I had with the use of systems. My weakness was exposed as soon as this happened and I thought I'm going to look into hair transplants and I had the cash so I went for it.

The crazy thing is my future happiness is riding on this procedure and it is overwhelming the hell out of me. Now is that puting pressure on yourself or what????

What can I say? Losing hair in early 20's is just soul destroying, well it was for me and I am only still 29.

You're actually kinda lucky Jdog, because you're a Norwood 5, which means you have tons of donor hair left.

You need to chill out, stop worrying, and everything gonna be alright:

If all else fails, start drinking tons of vodka and pop a few dozen of MDMA pills.

Ecstasy is a great mender of whatever ails you........LOL :)

Disregard this post if XTC is illegal in your country.

In Holland its perfectly legal!!! :D

EDIT: do NOT pop dozens of pills at the same time. Spread it out over the whole night. 1 at the time

Lol Dutchie a Norwood 1 is lucky, even a 2, anything beyond that really sucks.

Why weren't we born chicks instead of guys haha

How cruel was your wife when she left you??

Mine was NASTY!!

On a scale of 1 to 10 she was an eleven.......LOL :eek:

Making a request to remove Dutchie from this forum. This guy really provides nothing productive or aligned with the overall mission of this forum.

Huh??? Moi???

Why would you wanna remove me, sweetiepie?

Edited by Dutchie