ASMED 4600 graft fue hair transplant 24/10/16

scotty9107

I'm at nearly 4 months post op. This stage is crap. You really start wondering if it's going to happen. I can see a few hairs starting, but it's a really long wait.

We'll get there!!

Yeahh it definetly is crap! The progress seemed to have slowed even though it probably hasn't, just a long ass waiting game were playing, roll on the next two months!

You probably didn't wear your hair so short to expose the crown thinning. I would just stick with propecia since it maintains crown best and try not to worry/look at it too much.

Yeah thanks for the advice, I always wore my hair reasonably longish before the op, so didn't notice any thinning really, socfingers crossed the propecia does the job and holds what's left, and the when my hair grows it disguises it, not quite ready for a second op to deal with the crown

Opinions anyone?

The first pic does look like you have lost some hair. But the others don't show it as well. You may want to grow it out in length and reevaluate. My surgery is for March 27th. I'm starting to get very nervous!

so im just under 3.5 months now, decided it was time for the first haircut, so i buzzed it all off, pleased with the progress so far, the back and sides seem a little thin, think i has some shock loss hopefully itll come back soon enough though

Did you buzz over the HT as well? If I remember correctly you are told not to use any type of machine over the HT hair for at least 6 months, only scissors.

Did you buzz over the HT as well? If I remember correctly you are told not to use any type of machine over the HT hair for at least 6 months, only scissors.

Yeah I buzzed over the hair transplanted area, my post transplant instructions don't mention about using clippers or scissors, I've seen a few members so the same around the 3 month mark hence why I thought nothing of it, you may be right though, may double check with asmed about that as I'm second guessing myself now haha

Edited by scotty9107

At what day during the first 10 days did you start washing more firmly?

I'd say about the 4th-5th day I got a bit firmer, then even former 7th-8th just to get the scabs off, asmed provided a video to show you the exact steps to wash your hair so basically just followed the video

Ok good to hear. I started getting a little firmer on day 6 and 7 and then started stressing out that maybe that was too early. I'm now on day 9

Yeah you should be perfectly fine, aslong as your aiming to be scab less at day 10 all should be well, goodluck with the next few months ?

• 3 weeks later...

my 5 month update photos will be up next week after i have a haircut,

just a question for anyone who could possibly answer?

does the hairs grow back in stages or continuous thoughout the months? as ive hit 5 months and am struggling to see any small new hairs growing through as i did throughout months 3 and beginning of month 4

• 2 weeks later...
Wow you have had great growth for 4 months, one of the best I have seen. Highly recommend to grow your hairs in length while your shockloss recovers.

Thanks man I have had a hair cut since and got the sides cut and left the top to grow out, it's gave it some shape and looks much better, still some areas to thicken up hopefully have some more growth in the next few months with any luck, il hope to get round to putting some more photos up soon

Hi scotty

How's your crown looking now?

Well the longer my hair is getting the more it disguises it, it's somewhat noticeable in harsh lighting conditions, hopefully the fin helps keep what I have for now, most probably will have to add fibres to hide the thinness in the back half of my head towards the crown

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...