4 month in review - thoughts?

mub33n

hi all,

4 months ago i have had a FUE transplant from Turkey. k have been keeping a log every month on here to monitor my results.

As my communication with my doctor is done through an interpreter, i always get very mixed answers in comparison to the internet, such as:

1 - not to use minoxidil or any hair enhancement products.

2 - No haircuts on the top till post 6 months.

I also feel my results feel a little lack lustre at the moment too in comparison to many others.

Maybe i am being too critical, but would like peoples thoughts on the progress so far.

Dr Vedat Aktepe - 4600 grafts - Longevita - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

• Administrators

4 months is way to early to call anything lackluster, at 4 months most are recovering from shock loss and just getting back to how they looked before surgery. Unfortunately you have to be patient. I reviewed the photos and comparing your pre op to now there appears to be growth, you should wait till at least 9 months before you start saying the result is lackluster.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You may not be able to expect a whole lot of results after just 4 months. Everyone's dormant period is different and rates of growth varies a lot between patients. I started to really show growth in the 4-5 month range. Be patient and stay positive and send us some pictures after 6 months. Best of luck to you.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Four months is the very start of things. Some lucky people may see significant early growth at this stage but it's the exception rather than the norm. The fun should all happen over the next few months. Hang in there!

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

As my communication with my doctor is done through an interpreter, i always get very mixed answers in comparison to the internet, such as:

1 - not to use minoxidil or any hair enhancement products.

2 - No haircuts on the top till post 6 months.

Dr Vedat Aktepe - 4600 grafts - Longevita - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

While it's always best to follow your clinic's advice/post-care instructions, this seems quite extreme. At 4 months out, I personally think it's perfectly safe to use Minoxidil and get a haircut.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

At 4 months out, I personally think it's perfectly safe to use Minoxidil and get a haircut.

Dr. Mohebi told me not to get a haircut. Ever.

Not really, but that's what I tell my wife.... :P

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• 1 month later...