Who are the European surgeons to look into?

Transhair

Currently I'm looking mostly into Konior, Ron Shapiro, Gabel and possibly Cooley, but I've completely neglected looking into European surgeons.

For anyone that has experience with them? How do they compare? The top ones seem to be Bisanga, Feriduni and Lorenzo, but are there any other elite surgeons I may have missed?

You could add these to the list, all produce great (tier 1) or very decent (tier 2) results

elite tier 1: Dr. Erdogan and Dr. Keser in Turkey

elite tier 2: Dr. Maras in Cyrpus and Dr. Lupanzula in Belgium

*If you're looking to carefully manage your donor I would choose Belgium over Turkey, as the Turkish clinics seem more YOLO while Belgian docs practice FUE extraction techniques which will not deplete your donor.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Also Dr. Couto in Spain is elite tier 1, but he's like Konior where he's booked for ages, someone said 3 years on a previous post.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182397-dr-couto-fuexpert-spain.html

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Currently I'm looking mostly into Konior, Ron Shapiro, Gabel and possibly Cooley, but I've completely neglected looking into European surgeons.

For anyone that has experience with them? How do they compare? The top ones seem to be Bisanga, Feriduni and Lorenzo, but are there any other elite surgeons I may have missed?

Are you looking into FUE or FUT? Do you desire to have donor restocking as well?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Wow so you'd place Cooley ahead of Konior, Shapiro, and Gabel?

Also, Transhair I'm surprised that you aren't considering Rahal or H&W for North American doctors.

hsrp10 said:
You could add these to the list, all produce great (tier 1) or very decent (tier 2) results

*If you're looking to carefully manage your donor I would choose Belgium over Turkey, as the Turkish clinics seem more YOLO while Belgian docs practice FUE extraction techniques which will not deplete your donor.

So what are the pros and cons of Erdogan versus Keser at this point in time. I'm still in the process of researching both docs but this is what I've got so far:

-Erdogan is cheaper (2.5EURO per graft versus 3.5 for Keser I believe)

-Erdogan runs a bit of a factory with multiple surgeries per day (I'm trying to figure out what Erdogan does himself versus what the techs/assistants handle)

-Keser is more involved in the various steps of the surgery

-Seems like both docs have some lingering concerns about their ethics: Keser was rejected from membership in this forums 'Recommended Docs' list due to concerns of about aggressive hairlines and aggressive # of grafts in low NW scale patients. Erdogan seems to be very widely respected but also seems to have quite a reputation for over-the-top graft count recommendations.

KO said:
Mwamba, DeVroye. In South America, I'd add Chueco too.

Interested to see someone throw Chueco into the mix. Chueco is apparently business partners with Lorenzo so that instantly lends him some credibility. That being said, I haven't been able to find a ton of info on him - very interested to know what are your thoughts KO / why do you think he is in the same tier as some of these other better known guys?

So what are the pros and cons of Erdogan versus Keser at this point in time. I'm still in the process of researching both docs but this is what I've got so far:

-Erdogan is cheaper (2.5EURO per graft versus 3.5 for Keser I believe)

-Erdogan runs a bit of a factory with multiple surgeries per day (I'm trying to figure out what Erdogan does himself versus what the techs/assistants handle)

-Keser is more involved in the various steps of the surgery

-Seems like both docs have some lingering concerns about their ethics: Keser was rejected from membership in this forums 'Recommended Docs' list due to concerns of about aggressive hairlines and aggressive # of grafts in low NW scale patients. Erdogan seems to be very widely respected but also seems to have quite a reputation for over-the-top graft count recommendations.

Keser's communication time is long and sometimes unreliable, often you won't get a reply for weeks on end, but his reps are basically well meaning anyway.

Seems the clinic itself is at fault for this.

ASMED reps on the other hand are quick to respond with detailed answers.

In Turkey and on some European forums Keser is ranked ahead of Erdogan, likely because he does all of the surgery.

You will have to shave your entire head at both of these clinics btw, some are ok with that while some prefer partial shaving so it's something to keep in mind.

*ASMED will do long hair FUE but only if you're a HT virgin.

go dense or go home

Wow so you'd place Cooley ahead of Konior, Shapiro, and Gabel?

Also, Transhair I'm surprised that you aren't considering Rahal or H&W for North American doctors.

I was considering Rahal a while ago, but interactions with him seem pretty limited outside of the surgery itself, and having 1 mediocre transplant and another complete failure, I want a surgeon that is more involved and performs more of the work compared to techs.

With Hasson and Wong, I was automatically funneled to Wong, while Hasson seems to be the hairline surgeon and wasn't a fan of the lack of choice.

I've recommended Konior to Transhair several times, and only added the new ones on this recent thread because I have researched a shit load of surgeon details last year, and I know other people besides Transhair are reading these posts.

However, Konior is a no-brainer in your case Transhair he's a master at transplanting into exsiting hair with stick and place (this is not your first HT and you have exisiting hair already), he does female hairlines very natural and dense, he's a master at FUT scars and I also believe FUT scar revisions, plus his website even advertises towards transgender patients.

Transgender Hair Restoration Surgery - Chicago Hair Institute

As we all know you'll be hard pressed to find a subpar result or failed case from Konior as well.

Anyway good luck with the final decision, seems you've been debating this for many months now, know it's a hard decision sometimes.

go dense or go home

What's Maras reputation? I haven't come across his name as frequently as the other ones on this list.

Also, while we're on the topics of Turkish Docs, what about Dogany & Karadeniz?

Also Dr. Couto in Spain is elite tier 1, but he's like Konior where he's booked for ages, someone said 3 years on a previous post.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182397-dr-couto-fuexpert-spain.html

Cuoto has some of the craziest results I've ever seen...Just go look up some of those youtube videos and your jaw will be on the floor

Keser's communication time is long and sometimes unreliable, often you won't get a reply for weeks on end, but his reps are basically well meaning anyway.

Seems the clinic itself is at fault for this.

ASMED reps on the other hand are quick to respond with detailed answers.

In Turkey and on some European forums Keser is ranked ahead of Erdogan, likely because he does all of the surgery.

You will have to shave your entire head at both of these clinics btw, some are ok with that while some prefer partial shaving so it's something to keep in mind.

*ASMED will do long hair FUE but only if you're a HT virgin.

Excellent info

I was considering Rahal a while ago, but interactions with him seem pretty limited outside of the surgery itself, and having 1 mediocre transplant and another complete failure, I want a surgeon that is more involved and performs more of the work compared to techs.

With Hasson and Wong, I was automatically funneled to Wong, while Hasson seems to be the hairline surgeon and wasn't a fan of the lack of choice.

For Rahal, which steps are handled by the techs versus the doc himself?

Transhair, go to Konior. Yeah he has a yearlong waitlist, yeah he's expensive, but I can't think of anybody better for FUT.

I've recommended Konior to Transhair several times, and only added the new ones on this recent thread because I have researched a shit load of surgeon details last year, and I know other people besides Transhair are reading these posts.

However, Konior is a no-brainer in your case Transhair he's a master at transplanting into exsiting hair with stick and place (this is not your first HT and you have exisiting hair already), he does female hairlines very natural and dense, he's a master at FUT scars and I also believe FUT scar revisions, plus his website even advertises towards transgender patients.

Transgender Hair Restoration Surgery - Chicago Hair Institute

As we all know you'll be hard pressed to find a subpar result or failed case from Konior as well.

I'm pretty new to the forums myself so I don't feel qualified to cast a vote, but I've already corresponded with KO and hsrp on multiple threads and they both seem quite knowledgeable so I think it says a lot that they are both so definitive in saying Konior is the right doc for you.

Yeah, Konior is the highest on my list, and I actually had him booked for a bit before deciding to delay surgery and let it heal as this surgery is staying pink even a year later, but since I'm waiting longer now I figured it'd be best to keep researching. Like surgeons with dermatologist backgrounds vs facial surgeon backgrounds and etc, as well as considering surgeons overseas that I might now know much about due to language barriers.

Konior also recommended doing FUE due to the 7mm FUT scar I have now and just performing a scar repair, which made me think of FUE surgeons earlier as well

He only had a 4-5 month waiting list when I was originally going for more surgery, I guess February is his slow month for anyone thinking about easy dates to book.

Also couto results are amazing, when he combs through them you can see how thin they really are, so he seems like a genius at graft angles or something.

Edited by Transhair

What's Maras reputation? I haven't come across his name as frequently as the other ones on this list.

Also, while we're on the topics of Turkish Docs, what about Dogany & Karadeniz?

For Rahal, which steps are handled by the techs versus the doc himself?

Maras is one doc with decent results who is often overlooked for some reason, I researched him a lot late last year and couldn't find a bad result or bad reviews. Price is decent at 3.5 euros and Cyprus seems more stable than Turkey.

Also like his hairlines and his work looks very clean.

The first Turkish doc was previously recommended here and in high demand but things have changed and no longer true so may be one to skip now, second Turkish doc I'm not a huge fan, some like him cause his prices are cheap but results may be hit or miss.

Don't think he's in the "elite" class.

For FUE, Rahal has a dedicated tech who does all the extractions while Rahal does the graft site incisions, and then I believe the techs do the graft implanting.

Rahal is great for FUT but I'm not so convinced regarding FUE. Anyway, PM a few people who have undergone FUE with Rahal's clinic for more information.

go dense or go home

Maras is one doc with decent results who is often overlooked for some reason, I researched him a lot late last year and couldn't find a bad result or bad reviews. Price is decent at 3.5 euros and Cyprus seems more stable than Turkey.

Also like his hairlines and his work looks very clean.

The first Turkish doc was previously recommended here and in high demand but things have changed and no longer true so may be one to skip now, second Turkish doc I'm not a huge fan, some like him cause his prices are cheap but results may be hit or miss.

Don't think he's in the "elite" class.

For FUE, Rahal has a dedicated tech who does all the extractions while Rahal does the graft site incisions, and then I believe the techs do the graft implanting.

Rahal is great for FUT but I'm not so convinced regarding FUE. Anyway, PM a few people who have undergone FUE with Rahal's clinic for more information.

Good info regarding Maras, I'm gonna look into him. Do you know whether he tends to favor FUE vs FUT?

My Rahal question was actually referring to FUT. I'm not even considering him for FUE b/c his prices are way too high (especially since it seems most people would rank him below the elite European/Turkish docs that also happen to charge half the price).

Any thoughts on Lorenzo's colleague Chueco down in Buenos Aires. I'm trying to find his rates, I have a feeling he could be quite affordable given the weakness of the Argentine peso.