Rogaine or Lipogaine

DEB1982

I've decided to give Minoxidil another try following my recent transplant as previously I was just too inconsistent with applying it to truly judge its effect on my hair loss.

I can't decide between Rogaine or Lipogaine. I've read a ton of posts but there doesn't seem to be a large number of people using Lipogaine but those that are, are reporting better results when changing from Rogaine.

I would like to order tomorrow as I'm a month out next week and have been told by my clinic that I can start Minoxidil from then, so with this in mind I would really appreciate any feedback and success stories.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I'm leaning towards Lipogaine purely based on reviews but Rogaine would be much easier to purchase as I'm UK based. Anyone else have experience of switching between the two?

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• Administrators

I used rogaine foam for years and it did nothing for me, I switched to Lipogaine and the difference was significant.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I used rogaine foam for years and it did nothing for me, I switched to Lipogaine and the difference was significant.

That's good to know. I've decided to go with both as it happens, as I've read that Lipogaine can leave the hair a little chalky whereas the Rogaine foam has a thickening effect on the hair. I've seen many others who use Rogaine in the morning and the Lipogaine at night so thought I would try that.

Do you just use it on the crown area or all over?

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• Administrators

I use it all over the top of my head.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

i use regain foam but i brought the lipo-min before starting fin hoping it will be an alternative to fin but i doubt it can be as effective.

It's been about 2 weeks i started using the lipo-min at night (now that i got it)

have not seen anything different execpt hair feels much softer the next day

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Lipogaine was the only product that ever caused scalp irritation for me. After a couple weeks of using it I started getting really bad flaking and dandruff, and this was after having used Rogaine Foam for many years prior. Once I stopped the Lipogaine my scalp went back to normal. It's a good product, and I think it's more effective than Rogaine, but I personally couldn't handle the side effects.

• 2 weeks later...
Lipogaine was the only product that ever caused scalp irritation for me. After a couple weeks of using it I started getting really bad flaking and dandruff, and this was after having used Rogaine Foam for many years prior. Once I stopped the Lipogaine my scalp went back to normal. It's a good product, and I think it's more effective than Rogaine, but I personally couldn't handle the side effects.

i seem to have the same sides, got loads of raised bumps over my head and itchy ears and face so i take it this shit will pass?

also did you try lipogaine sensitive?