Highlights from the 2016 ISHRS Scientific Meeting in Las Vegas

This past September (2016), hair restoration physicians from all the around the world journied to Las Vegas for the annual 2016 ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) Scientific Meeting. This is where hair transplant surgeons from around the globe share the latest and greatest surgical techniques and news related to hair restoration with one another.

Each year, whether we attend the meeting or not, the publishers of this community share and provide highlights from the meeting. Topics that we felt that were of most interest to hair loss sufferers include:

Graft Survival Rates: The Effects of Stress and Temperature on Follicular Units

Benefits and Limitations of Robotic Assisted Follicular Unit Graft Selection

Is There a Best FUE Extraction Tool? Selecting FUE Tools to Maximize Graft Yield and Minimize Transection

FUE vs Strip: Hair Transplant Donor Depletion

Maximizing FUE Growth Yield: Improving FUE Efficacy through Serial Extraction/Placement Technique

Body Hair Transplants: Can Body Hair Only Hair Transplants Produce Desirable Results?

Topical Finasteride Compared to Oral Propecia

See "Highlights from the 2016 Annual ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) Scientific Meeting in Las Vegas"

What are your thoughts on the topics?

Best wishes,

Bill

Some interesting hot topics there, glad to see the surgeons pushing forward with research and studies, and not only doing the day to work of transplantation.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Really interesting read. Thanks Bill. Good to see the constant striving to improve and fine tune things.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Topical Finasteride Compared to Oral Propecia

Maximizing FUE Growth Yield: Improving FUE Efficacy through Serial Extraction/Placement Technique

These are the topics I would have liked to see. I put a lot of stock in who the presenter is as well though.

I would also like to see some data on PRP + Acell, as I think that it could be the kids on the block and could make the Big 3 the new Big 4. I do not know this and there are only a select few docs that I see using the protocol that would put it there, that is why I would like to see the top docs in the field spreading that education so it is more reproducible.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.