3,700 grafts w/ Dr. Hasson December 21, 2016

PeloDinero

Long-time creeper, first-time poster. I had two prior HTs scheduled with local doctors but backed out weeks before. So glad I did because given my hair loss pattern (NW6), I needed to put myself in the best position for a quality, long-term result which consensus seems to point to H&W (large FUT for high NW). This forum saved me from not going with an elite surgeon. It's only fair I pay it forward.

I've been on propecia for 5 years now. Directly from the front, you really couldn't tell I had any hairloss. It's primarily focused on the crown. 3,700 grafts were placed in the crown, sized around ~85 cm2 for a density around ~43/cm2 . I was told I have slightly above average texture and hair diameter. While I have coverage in the mid-scalp and front, it's miniaturized all over. I'd like to tackle the remainder in the future. I was told I have 4,000 grafts remaining via FUT alone. Nothing new to add about the procedure that hasn't been said in the past. Dr. Hasson's results should speak for themselves. After scouring the internet for two years, it's clear he's arguably the best surgeon when it comes to FUT for high NW patients. I feel I put myself in the best position for a successful result. Time will tell.

Pictures are mid-op, 1 day post-op, pre-op wet, and pre-op dry.

Thoughts/feedback would be greatly appreciated!

mid-op.png.dee6e2ca6c6ca676be5d9112db8d6565.png

5b32f0f8d4919_post-op1day.png.12ecda037125e123682240ff98bb49e9.png

5b32f0f8ef291_pre-opwet.png.318cb8901b426f1e0e1a3d3c358d1141.png

5b32f0f9257c2_pre-opdry.png.7d7ad2a56696ce043881d5b1d9bde9ee.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Long-time creeper, first-time poster. I had two prior HTs scheduled with local doctors but backed out weeks before. So glad I did because given my hair loss pattern (NW6), I needed to put myself in the best position for a quality, long-term result which consensus seems to point to H&W (large FUT for high NW). This forum saved me from not going with an elite surgeon. It's only fair I pay it forward.

I've been on propecia for 5 years now. Directly from the front, you really couldn't tell I had any hairloss. It's primarily focused on the crown. 3,700 grafts were placed in the crown, sized around ~85 cm2 for a density around ~43/cm2 . I was told I have slightly above average texture and hair diameter. While I have coverage in the mid-scalp and front, it's miniaturized all over. I'd like to tackle the remainder in the future. I was told I have 4,000 grafts remaining via FUT alone. Nothing new to add about the procedure that hasn't been said in the past. Dr. Hasson's results should speak for themselves. After scouring the internet for two years, it's clear he's arguably the best surgeon when it comes to FUT for high NW patients. I feel I put myself in the best position for a successful result. Time will tell.

Pictures are mid-op, 1 day post-op, pre-op wet, and pre-op dry.

Thoughts/feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Any update on this, Pelo?

I'd love to see an update too if you have one dude

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

Sorry for the late response, fellas. I didn't feel a need to

post from months 1-4 as nothing inspiring happens in that period. I hit 4 months four days ago. Attached is a pic from today. A lot of growth in the last month and I expect a lot of action between 4 and 6 months as there lots of vellous hairs and black dots. . Goal from the beginning was to close the sunrooff and I feel like I'm on track for that. Thoughts from the forum?

IMG_6286.jpg.793e2f990dd0fec21af303712a54cb8e.jpg

Sorry for the late response, fellas. I didn't feel a need to

post from months 1-4 as nothing inspiring happens in that period. I hit 4 months four days ago. Attached is a pic from today. A lot of growth in the last month and I expect a lot of action between 4 and 6 months as there lots of vellous hairs and black dots. . Goal from the beginning was to close the sunrooff and I feel like I'm on track for that. Thoughts from the forum?

Has propecia stabilised your hair? Any side effects?

You have put 3700 grafts in the crown , what happens if you lose the front, do you have long term planing with H and W?

Yes, I've been taking Propecia for five years now with no issues and seem to have stabilized the loss.

Regarding 3,700 in the crown, H&W estimated I still have another 4-5k left via FUT alone with probably another 1k via FUE if I really needed it. I don't understand the argument people make about not tackling the crown first. If done properly, the average person should have 8k available grafts which is also why I don't understand the NW5+ people getting FUE. It drastically reduces your lifetime donor count and thus, overall options.

Yes, I've been taking Propecia for five years now with no issues and seem to have stabilized the loss.

Regarding 3,700 in the crown, H&W estimated I still have another 4-5k left via FUT alone with probably another 1k via FUE if I really needed it. I don't understand the argument people make about not tackling the crown first. If done properly, the average person should have 8k available grafts which is also why I don't understand the NW5+ people getting FUE. It drastically reduces your lifetime donor count and thus, overall options.

Thanks for the explanation. Was there any particular reason for you waiting for the transplant for five years after getting on Propecia? Is not it possible to keep having small transplants before you go fully bald?

Not sure if I understand your question. I hopped on at age 24 when I first noticed thinning. I wanted to give it a few years to make sure the loss stabilized. I was also optimistic a cure was around the corner but then reality sat in and I came to the conclusion that HT's today are the most viable solution.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...