Options after failed Transplanted

I'm at the 6 and a half mark and it's looking like it's a failed operation. Far lower than my expectations and claims doctor made. at the 6 month follow up the doctor said he wants me to be happy and said he'll do follow up work if needed on him to make me happy. The Problem is the results are so poor i don't trust him with my donor follicles i have left. I have a follow up at the 9 month mark and the only way i'd except some follow up work is if results improve to at least ok. What do you guys recommend ?

• Administrators

6 months is still early to call it a failure, it seems you are being quick to judge as you had another thread saying it was a failure at 5 months, unfortunately you have to be patient, I would say you won't be able to really say for sure its a failure until 9 months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 months is still early to call it a failure, it seems you are being quick to judge as you had another thread saying it was a failure at 5 months, unfortunately you have to be patient, I would say you won't be able to really say for sure its a failure until 9 months.

Yes probably True, but given the amount of improvements i've had after the 4 month mark it's not looking good. I'd love for things to turn around but nothing is happening except a few new hair's here and there.

Record your progress carefully each month with detailed photos and if the results have not picked up at around 10 months or so, post your images including immediate post-op photos and name the doctor here.

That is the only way we can help you.

Was it a recommended surgeon on here btw?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Record your progress carefully each month with detailed photos and if the results have not picked up at around 10 months or so, post your images including immediate post-op photos and name the doctor here.

That is the only way we can help you.

Was it a recommended surgeon on here btw?

no it wasn't. I had just joined this site when I made the choice to go with this guy. big mistake. I should've went with one of the guys recommend here.

I agree....take pictures weekly of your results and keep a detailed journal of any changes you observe. I had fairly quick hair growth after my first surgery but much slower growth rates after my second surgery. That dormancy phase is tricky to predict. I've heard of some patients hardly showing any growth until the 7 month mark. Try to hang in there....you may be surprised.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I agree....take pictures weekly of your results and keep a detailed journal of any changes you observe. I had fairly quick hair growth after my first surgery but much slower growth rates after my second surgery. That dormancy phase is tricky to predict. I've heard of some patients hardly showing any growth until the 7 month mark. Try to hang in there....you may be surprised.

how was the results on the second? equally as good as with first?

Dr. Vories just wanted to make the frontal area a bit more dense. The growth was much slower but filled in well. I've chronicled my entire event for 4 years at MyFUEhairtransplant.com . You can visit the archives and look at my results every week or month to give you some perspective.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'm at the 6 and a half mark and it's looking like it's a failed operation. Far lower than my expectations and claims doctor made. at the 6 month follow up the doctor said he wants me to be happy and said he'll do follow up work if needed on him to make me happy. The Problem is the results are so poor i don't trust him with my donor follicles i have left. I have a follow up at the 9 month mark and the only way i'd except some follow up work is if results improve to at least ok. What do you guys recommend ?

Take a memory note to compare the area of concern by recording consistent photos to show the actual yield from the surgery. You have quite a bit more time to determine what exactly might be occurring since the 3rd month post-op.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians