Just got an estimate for $9350 with PRP, any suggestions?

csd5

33 years old, noticed loss at 29..Been on finasteride 1mg for 4 years, hair loss has slowed down a lot but i figured im ready to take the plunge, i went to dr hamawy in princeton nj and i got the price of $9350 WITH PRP included for a 1500 graft FUE (some on crown and some on hairline in front, PRP would take care of the thinness). He said i might not need 1500 total but that was his guess, any other docs closeby with a cheaper price? I feel like 9500 is a lot for my loss...

thanks for any input on this

ive attached pics of my hair and his estimate

20161213_160824.thumb.jpg.9ee2ac6a6486237e4f8083a1b2d46a83.jpg

20161213_161531.thumb.jpg.0fc362dcb069f36e819514eb96045037.jpg

20161213_161527.thumb.jpg.f43dc396564bd31aa069df97313cde13.jpg

20161213_161524.thumb.jpg.0574f0965c41b098328291a3811603e3.jpg

20161213_161520.thumb.jpg.1aa3645a67544ff19b01f937d7590c5a.jpg

Red flags:

- Unknown (at least to me) doctor

- "Event" aka discount price.

- Neograft .

Do yourself a favour and don't go with this doctor! You're going to have to travel, if not worldwide then at least within the states. Use the search functions on here to find a few recommended doctors and critique their results. Narrow it down to 3 or 4 and arrange to visit them.

As far as grafts go I think 1500-2000 should be enough depending on the quality of existing hairs, especially behind the hairline.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Red flags:

- Unknown (at least to me) doctor

- "Event" aka discount price.

- Neograft .

Do yourself a favour and don't go with this doctor! You're going to have to travel, if not worldwide then at least within the states. Use the search functions on here to find a few recommended doctors and critique their results. Narrow it down to 3 or 4 and arrange to visit them.

As far as grafts go I think 1500-2000 should be enough depending on the quality of existing hairs, especially behind the hairline.

Thanks for the response

I mean i live 30mins from philly and 50mins from NYC so it cant be that hard to find someone, i just heard good things about this guy

This guy had good reviews and was 20minutes away so i gave it a shot

i guess if they use yearly discount events and call it neograft its no good?

>any suggestions?

Don't do it!

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

1. Can't tell how many grafts you need cause we don't really know your goals.

2. Doc CANNOT know that PRP will take care your thinness. Very few docs have a lot of good experience with PRP and hair. Dr. Cooley in NC has been working with it for quite some time. If you are interested in PRP you may want to consult his clinic. You also have Dr Dorin and Feller in NYC (I know nothing about their PRP, if any) but they would be worth a consult, especially if you insist on being local.

3. What you are considering is a lifetime decision. I have been around a while and have NEVER seen a patient happy with a result when they received a lot of dissenting advice from what the patient purposes.

4. IMO Neograft is pretty weak. It just doesn't give the results manual out motorized fue gives in the right hand. I think it is too rough on the grafts.

5. 1500 grafts isn't a lot, especially if you are putting some of that into the crown. Be open to using more.

6. Top docs dont need event pricing. They are booked.

Keep looking and become a regular on the board while you are doing your research. There is a lot to learn.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.