First night fut

I basically just got out of my procedure and I have taken the suggested pain medication. It is really painful (I did just have surgery I know). What is everyone's experience with pain level the night of surgury? I would say mine is between and 8 and a nine right now.

Everyone has a different tolerance to pain but yes the first night can be quite painful however that will make good improvements in subsiding over the next few nights. Hang in there it will be worth it in the end.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

As David said hang in there man, I'm reading this late and sure you've already made it to day two.

Maybe ask your surgeon for additional pain killers or advice on how to manage the pain.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

The first night is definitely the worst as far as pain goes. Understandable as everything is still so raw. After a day or two though you'll be through the worst and hopefully will no longer need the painkillers.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Thanks for the reply guys. I ended up having to go back and get the area sedated. It basically brought me to tears. Thank god dr hasson was able to come in and do that for me. Still feels good this am. If I was to guess why it would be because the pain medication they gave me had Tylenol as one of its main ingrdients and Tylenol does absolutely nothing for me.

Hi Bob,

I'm a little late to the party but yeah, the first night is DEFINITELY the worst. The clinic gave me percocet which I think was meant to last a couple of days but I took them all in the first night and it didn't even help that much. I have a high pain threshold and have broken bones in the past (my jaw - it was horrible) and the first night after my HT was the worst pain I'd ever encountered. The good news is that it never is that bad ever again. From now the most annoying thing will be the staples, which will still be there for a couple of weeks.

Glad to see you got the personal touch from Dr. Hasson. You get what you pay for. He was also my Dr and I had a procedure done back in May. If you get a chance (and are so inclined) please do think about doing a full write up of your experience and results etc - I would love to follow your progress.

Happy growing

Hey tj! I would say the same thing. Before I went back for more sedation, I honestly don't think I have ever experienced pain like that. But as soon as he finished a few extra needles I had instant relief and I haven't experienced any real pain since.

I was thinking about writing up a review but we will see. I will say this though I heard people talking about the swelling but I didn't put two and two together haha. I look like the hulk, right before he turns green.

Also, if anyone is having severe pain, talk to your doctor.