Which surgeon would you entrust with your last 1,000 grafts?

hsrp10

Hey thanks guys!

I was about 98% happy with my results before this procedure so am hoping this will be icing on the cake, helping me to have a shorter and younger look.

Also big thanks to Spanker, your forum post on your procedure with Dr. K was a big inspiration in finding him in the first place. Not sure I will start a separate thread but may update at a later time.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Day 9 post op and redness is gone and scabs are all off, I lost 2-3 hairs removing the scabs on each temple point but no grafts.

Donor is clean and cannot tell anything was done.

I look ridiculous with a mohawk hair style lol and I'm going to have to dye my greys, but for the first time in more than two decades I have my lower temple points back, after losing them to a double combination of mpb and scalp eczema/seborrheic dermatitis.

Very happy camper here!!! :cool:

(waiting for the green screen pics form the clinic)

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Congrats hsrp, sounds like quite the journey

Some good points by HTsoon, yes Konior is on my short-list and I would choose no other doctor in the world but him if it wasn't for the long waiting time now (seems more than 1 year) and he's also quite expensive for FUE. Though the results would be worth it. Unfortunately difficult for me to hard book more than 1 year in advance.

What does Konior charge for FUE?

Gabel is a similar surgeon to Konior but so is Cooley. I actually believe Cooley is elite with his solutions he has developed. I had almost zero swelling and my scar has healed and is a non issue now. Cooley was present for about 97 percent of the surgery. Gabel and Cooley are not noticed enough on this site.

Which portions of the surgery were handled by Cooley versus techs?

Thanks Spanker, I have reached out to Dr. Cooley's rep to get more info on his FUE methods and pricing, waiting for a reply. I have seen a few FUE cases from Dr. Gabel but still researching on his work there.

Also have added Dr. Lupanzula into the picture based on the temple point closure I saw here. Bit overaggressively done, but if this could be toned down a bit would make for awesome temple peak work.

<

What does Cooley charge for FUE?

Thanks man, longer than I imagined lol but my goals changed to going for a short hair look but with still some density.

I mentioned some pricing info in post #8 on this thread, but in the end you'll have to contact him and get a consultation for specific pricing:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185953-upcoming-hair-transplant-dr-konior.html

Jon seems to have not been online lately, maybe send him a PM on Cooley's details and pricing.

go dense or go home

Here are the pics from the clinic added showing the areas worked on.

As Ernie also mentioned in his thread an honest evaluation of your transplant can truly be had when buzzing it down.

My hair had held up fairly well for my age, for having transplanted hair with fine caliber hair and despite being off and on Fin. I'm back on it now at .625mg 2x week btw. Thew new temple points and density boost should help me to wear it shorter for managing my scalp issue.

Anyway I think this should be my last one, though I could see having mini "postage stamp" FUE for any minor touchups along the way.

This forum has helped me a lot since 2010 and I hope I have given back in some small way.

Thanks for the memories! :cool:

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Congratulations man. Commenting so I can follow the thread and see the updates as the hair starts to come in.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Thanks Pkipling!

Adding this one from yesterday as I made it past the 2 week mark without losing a majority of the hairs (meaning the grafts have survived as well) so based on past experience the result seen now in the temple points will be the there back in about 2.5 months time.

Hair is still very short from me buzzing it down and cannot style it now as it sticks up in the front in all directions lol, but there is something very subtle yet important about the new temple points especially when trying to wear it short. Will have to find a safe hair dye for sure for the existing greys on the side.

Image removed as I will go into read only mode soon, will repost my updates in a few months time.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Isn't it normal to lose hair that is attached to the scabs within the first couple weeks after surgery? I noticed I had a lot of hairs attached to scabs when mine fell out. I was informed that is normal and part of the shedding process. I never saw the root of a hair fall out. Just small thin hairs attached to scabs.

Isn't it normal to lose hair that is attached to the scabs within the first couple weeks after surgery? I noticed I had a lot of hairs attached to scabs when mine fell out. I was informed that is normal and part of the shedding process. I never saw the root of a hair fall out. Just small thin hairs attached to scabs.

You're good to go man as long as you made it 7-10 days post op and lost no blood when the scabs came off.

Mine are sticking around in the temple points even though I've been showering somewhat aggressively especially since Dr. K heavily dense packed the more recessed side, however based on past experiences they will start to shed later this week.

go dense or go home

You're good to go man as long as you made it 7-10 days post op and lost no blood when the scabs came off.

Mine are sticking around in the temple points even though I've been showering somewhat aggressively especially since Dr. K heavily dense packed the more recessed side, however based on past experiences they will start to shed later this week.

Good to hear. That's what I was told I'm just paranoid. I didn't ever have any blood. Just little dry short hairs attached to scabs that started coming out around day 10. I had 3445 grafts with Dr. Scott Alexander (coalition doc) on Dec 28th. Only one month out right now and I'm staring at my hair all the time wishing it would grow! haha. Have to be patient....

Day 10 the grafts are solid for good, don't worry about it at all.

Though I can understand especially the first few months after the first procedure are quite nerve-racking.

You'll be in this phase for about another 1.5-2 months then sometime around the 3-month mark (before or slightly after depending on your case) you should start to see the new hairs. That's a lot of grafts with a respected surgeon so should make for a great result.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Congrats man on getting the temples closed.. Should be an awesome result and look forward to following your result..

On the hair dye point be sure to steer clear of Just for men or anything like that.. Super harsh on the scalp.

The womens L'Oreal excellence range is really good.. Cheaper and comes with conditioner and hair serum protecter to apply before applying the colour.. Far less harsh on the scalp..

I use it each month after a cut to dye my sides as the grey only comes through there which dosent look that natural.. With the top of my hair all being very dark due to being transplanted!

Thanks BaldingBogger!

I will really need the help and hints on the best dye product to buy this time, I had held off before because I have sensitive skin and prone to flaking etc. but dyeing the greys will be a must on the sides.

Day 18 here and as predicted the hairs have started to shed as per my past experiences.

Some are remaining giving the outline of the lower temple point still. Bit pink after shower and some dry skin there which I will apply a gentle moisturizer too later on.

My hair is fine caliber and is finicky to length and style etc but it has finally reached a length where it is manageable almost. The hairs Dr. K placed in the frontal third are helping to hide the thin spots seen in the pre-op photo in the frontal third. But they should shed start to shed too soon.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

• 3 weeks later...
mmm -I'm thinking of having my temple points strengthened too.I have had 4000 fut with Dr Bisanga and 3000 fue with Dr Erdogan so far.i must have in the region of 1000 grafts left and incidently I'm 61.

It will make a world of difference even though it's just a small area and low graft count, I've had a similar number of lifetime grafts and was starting to look "top heavy" with everything being reinforced including the hairline, frontal third and temple corners but not the lower temples.

2.5 weeks post-op the hairs were still there and I could see it took 10 years off my look. Of course they have shed now but looking forward to their return.

Also according to Dr. K I have an ample amount of donor left, which may eventually lead to more hair greed at some point in time :cool:

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a little bit less than 2 months since I had the last procedure done, and my hair has grown back a bit from me buzzing it down.

The key point being I survived without any shockloss whatsoever thanks to the careful and elaborate work of Dr. Konior.

Stick and place all the way for transplanting into existing hair!

Also seems to be some new hairs sprouting not only in the right and left lower temple points at this early stage but also in the frontal third area behind my hairline, as my hair on that side was a bit see through in certain lighting before.

I think I have achieved a level of transplanted density which gives a natural looking appearance, but it has been a very long journey including my Nizoral hair loss setbacks after my Hasson procedure.

As long as the lower temple points continue to grow in the next few months I think I'm done finally. Which is a bit of relief after all the small procedures so far...

As per my policy I removed the pics after a few days to protect my privacy. If any long time / established HRN users want to see them or the previous post-op pics etc I will upload to a photo album here. Just let me know by PM.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home