FUE - 4th Procedure - Slower Growth?

ace83

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to find out... if you have a 3rd or 4th FUE procedure do they normally grow slower than the 1st or same speed?

Another questions is i am almost 6 months on a 3rd FUE procedure and have been thinking about the future and if it is worth my while to start on Finasteride?

I used to take it about 4 years ago but stopped. I have now been reading on the net(which i never knew before) that it can cause anxiety/depression and some cancers. Is this true because now I am not so sure about starting it again?

Thanks,

Ace

I think if you have the procedure in the same recipient area then it may be slower, but if in different areas I don't see why it would be slower the 3rd or 4th time around.

From my experience, all of my procedures grew in at same rate and I was lucky to have early growth after all of them starting after 10 weeks post-op.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Due to the trauma to the scalp and possible tissue scarring, it may taker longer to heal and accordingly the grafts may require longer time to grow.

You are having surgery in the same exact recipient area 6 months post-op?

Think it's a bit soon as most clinics recommend waiting 12-14 months.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Growth can certainly take longer if the grafts are placed in the same areas as previously. I had a couple of thousand grafts to the front third a few years ago (I had previously had work in the same area), and it was not until month nine that the 'magic' happened.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

It has been my experience that growth can certainly take longer in subsequent procedures. Also crown growth always seems to take longer as well. Try to be patient and reserve judgment after 12 months. And if you have concerns contact your surgeon of some reassurance as well. Good growing to you!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

These days people are reluctant to give others advice about Fin, myself included, because the individual response varies a lot and the potential risk for side effects is real.

If you've never tried Fin (in the form of Propecia or Proscar) then maybe worth a try at your own educated risk based on your own research, and closely monitor for side effects.

go dense or go home

I used to use proscar and was going to take it again but after doing a search a few days ago on the net it doesn't seem to be as safe anymore. So now I am unsure.

It's quite sad that there is no other alternative for hair loss in 2016.

Did you have any side effects while on it?

Still is the only real alternative out there agreed.

go dense or go home

it was about 4 years ago since i used it and i dont recall any side effects but after researching on the net this week i read that it could now cause anxiety and depression which puts me off it as I am a very anxious person in general. If I did not read that I would of had no trouble starting it again.

My second procedure in the same area was much slower to grow. I had good growth after my first procedure after 2-3 months. My second procedure started popping through about 4 months later. Stay patient and you will be fine.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

I think if you've had enough healing time and you are going with an top class surgeon, it will go much smoother! My healing time was super quick and it was an amazing result. But can't say I'm on 3rd or 4th yet.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)