FUT with Dr. Path to lower hairline by 1.5cm

ConfusedRose

Hello all! I will be going under the knife tomorrow with Dr. Pathomvanich to hopefully lower my hairline by at least 1.5cm... my feelings include excitement and fear... but im happy im finally doing something about my insecurity...

I chose Dr. Path because hes one of the best FUT in the world, and really affordable... however ive noticed his reviews and results have slimmed down in the past 5 years. Hope he still has the magic touch. I trust that i am in good hands, and ive never seen any bad results from him.

I do wish i had gone with FUE, only because i have a virgin scalp and im pretty young. But its too late now... what does concern me is the scar on the back of my head, if it does bother me too much, i could always get grafts placed into it right?

If anybody has any tips or advice for post op care, id really appreciate it. Thank you for reading this, i hope all goes well.

IMG_7879.thumb.jpg.0df3768038e1243ed1470b6316430c63.jpg

IMG_7878.thumb.jpg.ab56b2a015ab275a66394c4ffe9c41b0.jpg

IMG_7874.thumb.jpg.d7b96436211d05cdaba1954469345d9d.jpg

The whole thing took about 7 hours and it was just phenomenal. Dr. Path was GREAT and his staff was GREAT! Im so happy i finally got this done, i owe them my upmost gratitude and appreciation.

Dr. Path did everything from the calculations to the cutting, his nurses did the insertion of grafts. I was a little iffy about them doing the grafta, but my mind was at ease, his nurses were more than capable of doing it. I doubt an establishment such as Dr. Path would jeopardize their reputation by having incompetent nurses.

I had 2,383 grafts placed.

Im not too sure how ill be able to sleep though... i took pain meds, and all that remains is a constant sting in the donor area. Other than that im so happy with the results, cant wait for results to come in.

It might not have been lowered to as much as i wanted, but any lowering is better than none.

I'm going to be more critical than I usually am here.

Some very experienced hair loss sufferers tried to give you advice not to do it in your previous thread, and to at least wait it out longer and do some more research.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184957-2cm-lower-hairline-possible-dr-could-deliver-density-2.html

Then you went ahead and did it anyway. I don't know what you expect us to say...

Hope it works out for you, but not sure why some people come on here for advice - one of the best hair restoration sites on the planet with more hard core hair transplant veterans than any other site - when they already have their minds made up anyway.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Best of luck. Please do continue to update.

Online Representative and Patient Advisor for:

Dr. Kapil Dua, AKClinics - Hair Transplant in Delhi, Ludhiana and Bangalore, Chennai - India.

Dr. Kapil Dua, Board of Governor at ISHRS(USA), Board of Governor at AAHRS, President of AHRS India

is a recommended surgeon at Hair Transplant Network.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hey hsrp, my mind was made up long before i went on these forums. I was 100% commited into doing something about my insecurity, i just asked for advice and what i should do, not what i shouldnt... because no matter the amount of negative criticism i got, nobody was going to take this away from me... ive delt with this my whole life and i had to do something about it... the HT path deemed less risky than other ways i could have achieved my goal. I have no regrets and i am very happy with my results... i don't believe ill go balder than a norwood 4, nobody on either side of my family are even bald.

Left thailand yesterday.

It has been quite an experience, and to be honest im a little saddened to be leaving the clinic for a long time, ill miss all the hair washes, friendly smiles and great wifi.

Scalp feels numb and tender. I hope my hair doesnt fall out...

I wonder if i should avoid certain things such as eggs? Or it wont matter?

My newly grafted hair is growing fast, hopefully itll stay in my head:[] i cant wait till the final results... i am so happy, this has truly changed my life for the better.

IMG_8258.thumb.jpg.b21f46e22e337591fe34666ca045bf02.jpg

IMG_8259.thumb.jpg.91276e3b8a1039393dd687a942dead72.jpg

IMG_8260.thumb.jpg.66c89ad4c3f46fbb3d7ff52792907d08.jpg

Hey hsrp, my mind was made up long before i went on these forums. I was 100% commited into doing something about my insecurity, i just asked for advice and what i should do, not what i shouldnt... because no matter the amount of negative criticism i got, nobody was going to take this away from me... ive delt with this my whole life and i had to do something about it... the HT path deemed less risky than other ways i could have achieved my goal. I have no regrets and i am very happy with my results... i don't believe ill go balder than a norwood 4, nobody on either side of my family are even bald.

Good luck and I'll admit the density looks higher than I usually see from this doctor, should make for a nice result.

Most of us were concerned especially given your age - I also rushed into a HT in my early twenties which was a regrettable decision in hindsight - fortunately for you the options are much better now. Get the grafts safe until post-op day 10 and search the forum for post-op tips and techniques.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/183214-post-op-healing-tips.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171707-hair-transplant-tricks-tips.html

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Thanks for the tips. One thing im scared about is accidentally losing grafts, i don't believe i have so far, it wouldve bled right? But cant wait till i can go back to my normal routine without worrying abouting hurting the grafts and donor area.

As a "number" 50 grafts/cm2 is not bad but as we always say depends on your hair caliber etc. From what I can see in the pics it gives me a good feeling about the transplanted density and the result to come.

Regarding the new grafts, as you may have read after day 10 they are basically permanent, and the "hairs" will likely shed after about 2 weeks (some people end up keeping 1/3 or so), but don't worry they'll be back after 3 months or so, and the grafts themselves are there securely under your scalp.

go dense or go home

Here are close up pictures. The right side looks more dense than the left side, i think it has to do with the direction of the hair? Could be right? Stilll happy with the results though :)

I share a lot of the same opinions as hsrp10 it appears (just noticed this), but I will say to you Confused Rose, this looks quite good. Do you have coarse hair?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

I think it will be a good result. Hairline looks great. Not too high, not too low. Looks good.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Here are pics taken right after procedure.

Design couldn't be better

Even if you need more density, this design will serve you (and future HT if you want them) very well

(yeah, that little patch in the back is shock loss but it is very small. This will return, so don't worry)

Congratulations!