Touching recipient hair

I'm probably overly worrying, but I'm just a little concerned that I've been overly touching (running my hands through my hair) my recipient area/hair and it might somehow be detrimental, even though I kinda know that the grafts were safely anchored after about day 10. :confused: Of course I avoided doing so for the first two weeks (as per the guidelines from ASMED) but now four weeks on I often find myself touching my hair without realising it and I some times see a hair fall when I do it. Tell me I'm insane and shouldn't worry.

lol ditto JustRelax..

Don't pull on any hairs or scratch your scalp aggressively, but other than that you're fine.

If anything, light touch and massage will encourage those temporary hairs to make room the newer permanent ones to come.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Nothing to worry about at all. Of course, you will soon lose your ability to do that as your new transplants fall out! ;)

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

With all do respect you are insane. You made it through two weeks. Important now for you to just live your life and don't dwell on it daily. It will get worse before it gets better. The ugly duckling stage sucks and can be really stressful if you look close at your head every day. Once the grafts shed it sucks for a while but when they start to grow for real you will be happy every day you wake up. Give the process a chance to work and just relax. Happy growing.

I'm probably overly worrying, but I'm just a little concerned that I've been overly touching (running my hands through my hair) my recipient area/hair and it might somehow be detrimental, even though I kinda know that the grafts were safely anchored after about day 10. :confused: Of course I avoided doing so for the first two weeks (as per the guidelines from ASMED) but now four weeks on I often find myself touching my hair without realising it and I some times see a hair fall when I do it. Tell me I'm insane and shouldn't worry.

Yes

You're insane and shouldn't worry. But if you are going to continue touching it, rub some Rogaine on it:)

Promoted early growth. Otherwise try and leave your head alone. When it grows out, then you can run your fingers thorough it!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

​Lol, thanks guys, you wouldn't be the first to tell me I'm insane. ;)

This stage really is a mental battle. Part of me accepts it and knows this is what should be happening at this stage but then the 'what if' mindset kicks in at times and I start to worry if the hairs will return. Did I do something during the first week or two weeks that might have resulted in some failed grafts. Then I read threads like Duchie's where he talks about HT's only having a 70% success/30% failure rate and I can't help but wonder if I'm one of the 30%. :(

I also started back taking/drinking my pre-workout supplement last week (mix of stuff like caffeine, vitamins, beta alanine, creatine) which shouldn't effect but it happened to coincide with the week I shed the majority of my transplanted hair so the paranoid side of me wonders if that causes or contributed to the shed.

Anyway, I'll try to keep my insanity in check! :D

You may be stressing from adjusting to the psychological effects of having more hair up there. Relax and stay positive.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians