Do hairs in shower drain indicate hairloss? Worried!

Hello everyone,

I wash my hair everyday and rarely do I see any hairs in the shower drain. But last night and today I had seen a few hairs. Yesterday I saw 8 hairs. Today I saw 5. Could this be an indication of more hair loss? How reliable would this indicator be?

13 hairs may not be a lot. But for the hair loss sufferer every hair strand counts. Although its 13 hairs in total I am still worried that this may turn into more hair loss.

Can someone here give their opinion on this? Am very worried and angry too.

It is normal to lose 50-100 hairs a day from a normal healthy full head of hair. A normal healthy head of hair has on average about 100,000 hairs.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

It is normal to lose 50-100 hairs a day from a normal healthy full head of hair. A normal healthy head of hair has on average about 100,000 hairs.

Hello voxman,

Yes I see. Makes sense. But I hate seeing hairs in the drain. Angers me like living hell.

Thank you voxman!

Stig and Milo,

Can you please tell me what is going on? Stig, do you seem to think Milo is the same user as Taurusrisen? What makes you think that?

Stig, if you do suspect he is another user, please send me a PM and let us investigate it and don't continue to harass someone who is trying to post.

Milo, each user is entitled to one account. If you are using more than one account, please let us know (and why) so we can close one.

Best wishes,

Bill

Stig and Milo,

Can you please tell me what is going on? Stig, do you seem to think Milo is the same user as Taurusrisen? What makes you think that?

Stig, if you do suspect he is another user, please send me a PM and let us investigate it and don't continue to harass someone who is trying to post.

Milo, each user is entitled to one account. If you are using more than one account, please let us know (and why) so we can close one.

Best wishes,

Bill

I am 100% sure Milo is Taurisrisen based on the manner in which he continues to bash Dr Rahal and Turkish surgeons in earlier posts like he did as a different alias before David banned him and the manner in which he accusers any poster as being a troll or trollers who disagree with him. And lastly the manner in which he articulates his posts. I'll do the comparison and gather the evidence in the next few days and send you a PM as requested.

I am 100% sure Milo is Taurisrisen .

Okay you have had your fun and games. Now I would appreciate it if you stopped trolling my threads. It disrupts others trying to gain valuable information about their hair loss.

Hello Bill,

I am as confused as you are. I really do not know what he is talking about either. But I already reported him.

But Bill, It was good receiving your commentary on this thread. Actually I do not know if hair in the drain could be considered a good indicator of hair loss. I know one loses about 100 hairs a day. But we never see it. Would you think it is likely that hair drain is a good indicator - or the only indicator - nonetheless?

As mentioned 50 to 100 is normal per day. I have had much more than this when I washed my hair more. I found that cutting back on washing it has helped actually. I just do light rinsing in between washing.

Hello billyeoman,

The problem with shampooing for me is that I cannot go a day without it. If I do my hair becomes greasy. Ironic enough when I do wash every day I notice less hair falling out. It is a catch 22 if you ask me.

When my hair loss started around 23 years old i was too busy with other stuff in life sure i did see hair falling alot in the shower but didn't take much notice.

Then one day the water would not go down and i noticed a whole butch of hair like a handful.

I then realised i'm suffering hairloss so i started to see what can be done.

I took fin when i was 24 years old for 1 year but then i stopped it.

Now 36 years old im nw5b going 6 on 0.5mg fin and 5%min...

I have been told if i did not take fin when my hair loss was at it's most i would have been nw7 by now.

I have also noticed when i don't shampoo my hair everyday more hair fall out when i do.

I shampoo everyday mostly alpecin and somtimes lipo and nizarol

Edited by Rashid35
spell check

milo12,

Billyeoman is right, losing 50 to 100 hairs a day is the norm. Thus, hair in the shower drain isn't necessarily an indication of hair loss.

If you think you're losing your hair and no visible signs of hair loss are showing yet, you could always visit a dermatologist/trichologist to have them look at your scalp/hair under magnification. They can look for signs of miniaturization and let you know whether or not hair loss has started.

Best wishes,

Bill

milo12,

Billyeoman is right, losing 50 to 100 hairs a day is the norm. Thus, hair in the shower drain isn't necessarily an indication of hair loss.

If you think you're losing your hair and no visible signs of hair loss are showing yet, you could always visit a dermatologist/trichologist to have them look at your scalp/hair under magnification. They can look for signs of miniaturization and let you know whether or not hair loss has started.

l

Hello Bill,

Thank you for the great suggestion. It will be followed. Good luck to you.