Photos being used without permission

• Administrators

How does this work, I recently stumbled across a video of Dr. Lorenzo in which he used one of my photos that has a Hair Restoration Network watermark, I don't know why a clinic would use an example of someone who is not a patient, it is pretty clear that they just googled "depleted norwood 6" and you stumble across my photo, because in my thread I mention depleting my donor and using BHT and the title of my thread is "Norwood 6/7" so its not hard to see how my image would show up on google images.

https://www.google.com/search?q=HTsoon&biw=1280&bih=630&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjC7qf0qpLQAhVK32MKHeE0BfAQ_AUICCgD#tbm=isch&q=depleted+norwood+6&imgrc=DQlnqUeD6hfGNM%3A

This is alarming especially since im a regular poster and have documented my procedures and have several videos as well on YouTube, I don't think Dr. Lorenzo had any bad intent, I just think that if you're going to use examples in a video you should make sure they are your patients. Additionally, I had submitted an online consultation to Dr. Lorenzo in Feb 2016 and his office indicated that I could do 2,000 grafts and that my donor did not appear as affected as they previously thought I still have the e-mail.

You can see my photo on his most recent Donor Depletion video on min 1:16, I will admit my donor looked very depleted in that photo, but that photo was also taken a few days after my last procedure and I exhibited some shock loss which resolved itself. To clear things up I have made my own video, sure my donor is not as thick as it used to be, but I don't believe it is depleted and Dr. Diep has informed me that I still have another 1,500 grafts left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWnxlBf6RvA&feature=youtu.be

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

zROHKzx.jpg?1

Translation of the e-mail " Dr. Lorenzo and Dr. Vila have reviewed the ultimate photos you submitted, and they indicate that your donor zone does not appear as affected, it would be 2,000 grafts as previously mentioned.

The doctors do not believe you will be a Norwood 7 in the future per the photos, but it is unknown and you could become without medication the possibility exists." Rough translation.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

It sucks they used your image without your permission. I think this kind of thing happens more than we know on the internet. In my many years of searching hair transplant websites I have seen an alarming amount of recurring pictures on different doctors websites. On another note just want to say I just watched all your videos and you did a really good job of presenting some quality information that people should consider before undergoing a procedure. I like how Diep transplanted your crown you should have a nice result.

• Administrators
It sucks they used your image without your permission. I think this kind of thing happens more than we know on the internet. In my many years of searching hair transplant websites I have seen an alarming amount of recurring pictures on different doctors websites. On another note just want to say I just watched all your videos and you did a really good job of presenting some quality information that people should consider before undergoing a procedure. I like how Diep transplanted your crown you should have a nice result.

I really post for the benefit of others, I try and be as truthful and honest as possible with the information I put it out, but this type of thing makes me think twice about putting my photos out there, Dr. Lorenzo is not even recommended on here yet he chose a watermarked photo and simply cropped out the watermark.

But what's alarming is that he's using my example as a depletion and also having his patient coordinator tell me that my donor doesn't look depleted and I could get 2,000 grafts. I wonder what hair restoration networks policy is on this, I imagine they watermark photos for a reason.

View my thread

I really post for the benefit of others, I try and be as truthful and honest as possible with the information I put it out, but this type of thing makes me think twice about putting my photos out there, Dr. Lorenzo is not even recommended on here yet he chose a watermarked photo and simply cropped out the watermark.

But what's alarming is that he's using my example as a depletion and also having his patient coordinator tell me that my donor doesn't look depleted and I could get 2,000 grafts. I wonder what hair restoration networks policy is on this, I imagine they watermark photos for a reason.

That's actually really scary if true. Dr Lorenzo is an excellent doctor and his results speak for themselves....

However if what you are saying is true it definitely seems unethical at least.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• Administrators
That's actually really scary if true. Dr Lorenzo is an excellent doctor and his results speak for themselves....

However if what you are saying is true it definitely seems unethical at least.

It's 100 % true, take a look for yourself at the thread below where one of the employees posted the video on the second page, my photo can be seen at min 1:16, its the same exact photo that populates on google images when you search for "depleted donor norwood 6" and as you can clearly see that it has a Hair Transplant Network watermark. It only populates in google images because the title of the thread is "norwood 6" and I speak about depleting my donor in the future and using BHT. This is very unsettling to me because I post here all the time and post my photos and share my story, to me this is spreading false information making me out to be a repair patient when I'm not.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184927-coverage-value-tutorial-2.html

Google images with the watermarked pictures.

https://www.google.com/search?q=depleted+donor+norwood+6&biw=1280&bih=630&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiGod-T9ZLQAhVizFQKHbn6CwMQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=DQlnqUeD6hfGNM%3A

View my thread

• Administrators

Here is the proof

See the watermark this is per google images

cwlBFHK.jpg?1

See my photo on the bottom has been cropped

yshnVxT.jpg

View my thread

• Administrators
Well to be perfectly honest your donor doesn't look that diffuse to me. Maybe it was just a simple mistake by Dr Lorenzo ??!

Could be....

That photo was taken one week post op from my previous procedure, I experienced some shock loss, which resolved on its own, I honestly can't believe a clinic such as Dr. Lorenzo's would just use google images, a clinic should be presenting their own patients or patients who submit photos to them for repair. They should not be using photos through google images that are watermarked and cropping the watermark out.

They are making it seem like I went to them for repair which is 100% false for 1. I'm not a repair patient, and 2. I never went to their clinic for repair 3. I submitted an online consult back in February to which they answered my donor looked fine and I could have 2,000 grafts extracted.

fullsizeoutput_51.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c2.jpg

View my thread

Sorry HTsoon: I'm To?o and I did the video and took the photo from a folder with many donor complications, there are 3 different patients in that slide. Dr. Lorenzo was informed. he's apologizes. He has a big interest in donor management so we always gather photos of donor issues, from our own patients and from other sources, colleagues and forum, because the increasing amount of patients that we are having with the same problem. We did not realized that was a post op photo and a "telogen effluvium of the donor" after your procedure. We don't have that photo in the personal album you sent, and obviously did not related both cases, and, the photo was cropped to focus and hide the face as much as we can, as we always do. Give me 24 hours to solve it out. Again, our apologizes, the aim was to inform about this fatal complication, but did a mistake.

Jose Antonio

ICC-Injertocapilar.com-Dr. Lorenzo, Dra Vila.

- I work in ICC-Spain human resources, I’m not a sales rep/patient liaison.

- For information, valuations and budget:

coordinadorpacientes@injertocapilar.com(Spain); Mick@farjo.com (MCR)

- New Vimeo Website: https://vimeo.com/user23345553/videos

- New Youtube Website:https://www.youtube.com/shubbapahte

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/injerto.capilar

- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Injertocapilar

Dr. Jose Lorenzo is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• Administrators
Sorry HTsoon: I'm To?o and I did the video and took the photo from a folder with many donor complications, there are 3 different patients in that slide. Dr. Lorenzo was informed. he's apologizes. He has a big interest in donor management so we always gather photos of donor issues, from our own patients and from other sources, colleagues and forum, because the increasing amount of patients that we are having with the same problem. We did not realized that was a post op photo and a "telogen effluvium of the donor" after your procedure. We don't have that photo in the personal album you sent, and obviously did not related both cases, and, the photo was cropped to focus and hide the face as much as we can, as we always do. Give me 24 hours to solve it out. Again, our apologizes, the aim was to inform about this fatal complication, but did a mistake.

I understand the aim of the video and the message, I would really appreciate if you remove my photo from the video, I would not request this if it was true, if my donor was ruined believe me everyone on this forum would know, I would've personally submitted additional photos and video to Dr. Lorenzo, as I said earlier I really post to help others out there.

I don't have a problem with my photo being used, I just ask that you send me a private message prior to ask for my permission. If it's educational absolutely no issues, if you want to use my photo as an example of telogen effluvium then you have my permission to use that photo. Thanks for the quick response and clarifying this mix up.

View my thread

Done, HTSoon. Didn't know and that's the reason of the mistake, and thanks for the right to rectify. To?o

Jose Antonio

ICC-Injertocapilar.com-Dr. Lorenzo, Dra Vila.

- I work in ICC-Spain human resources, I’m not a sales rep/patient liaison.

- For information, valuations and budget:

coordinadorpacientes@injertocapilar.com(Spain); Mick@farjo.com (MCR)

- New Vimeo Website: https://vimeo.com/user23345553/videos

- New Youtube Website:https://www.youtube.com/shubbapahte

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/injerto.capilar

- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Injertocapilar

Dr. Jose Lorenzo is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I've sent my pictures around the whole world to every doctor and clinic.

How they use them I don't know but one asked for permission to show according to them, not much can be done with my level of hair loss and donor area situation. I gave permission for this as it could help others out.

In the 80s and 90s things used to be different people used to be more private and you had to get permission to take someone’s picture. These days cameras are everywhere and mobiles it's become normal. It's not only pictures but other personal information too!

News and things can travel round the world before you get home!

We live in a share open kind of time, I don't mind anymore nothing to hide,

can see the good and freedom in it.

The only problem I would have if it's used in a wrong way or by criminals.

By the way i'm 36 now still don't know if I would be nw7

• Administrators
Eh. This was a mistake from the clinic's part and they have apologized and hopefully will fix. Not quite bloody murder.

I'm glad they resolved the issue, but it's funny you say this because you have no pictures in your profile or if you do they're private, if it was no big deal to you I'd imagine you'd share photos of yourself.

Again thanks everyone else for your comments and concern, we've reached an amicable solution and I think this is a good learning opportunity.

View my thread

Credit to HTsoon. Great way to handle things.

I did the same with dr. Hasson yesterday. Very cordially, never raised my temper or said anything mean, and yet I still got my point across that I wasnt happy with my transplant

Htsoon - They never made things worse so you forget the original problem - sorted

Dutchie - Atleast you gave it a go i'm sure you have other options, good luck

A while back i noticed my pictures on google images but now they are not

• Administrators
Htsoon - They never made things worse so you forget the original problem - sorted

Dutchie - Atleast you gave it a go i'm sure you have other options, good luck

A while back i noticed my pictures on google images but now they are not

Haven't seen you in a while Rashid, I guess its time to change the username to Rashid36, have you gone and had your donor evaluated again?

View my thread

Not yet mate, I only went in August 2016 so i will give it a few more months.

i'm still taking the meds stuff and have not been so looking at my hair alot i even was thinking of stopping the meds stuff and then this week i started to notice more improvement [pic soon] so it's given me hope again

Not sure if i can change my user name ?