Asked for deposit, normal?

Hello guys, I just finished a video call with Dr. Karadeniz (Dr.K) from AEK HAIR INSTITUTE | hair,transplant,transplantation,turkey,istanbul,world,fue,fut,best,surgeon,doctor,abroad,cost,facial,before and after AEK Hair Institute

It was very pleasant and informative and I made a reservation, they put a note.

However in order for it to be 'fully reserved' they ask for 400 euro deposit (whole operation is ~2300euros). I am ok with paying that but I just wanted to know if thats a normal procedure.

I am really excited for a possible surgery pretty soon but dont wanna rush into decision...

Let me know what you think:)

I had surgery with Dr K last December and paid the deposit . I had no problem with it .

Some forum members may say you shouldn't need to , but to be fair I can understand the reasons why a deposit may be requested . It shows intent on the part of the patient and puts off the undoubted bluffers out there .

I had surgery with Dr K last December and paid the deposit . I had no problem with it .

Some forum members may say you shouldn't need to , but to be fair I can understand the reasons why a deposit may be requested . It shows intent on the part of the patient and puts off the undoubted bluffers out there .

Hello Chris,

Do you mind sharing how much was your deposit and total cost?

Yes it is very normal for hair transplant doctors and clinics to take deposits before the procedure. Just understand that deposits are typically nonrefundable which means you need to be very serious before you schedule the surgery. Don't plan last minute to cancel or back out. Some doctors will refund the deposit but it's rare. They have to pair of the surgical team and book everyone so if you don't proceed with the surgery, they lose money.

Bill

I paid a deposit for both my surgeries at Hasson/Wong. This was their policy:

After your surgery date is scheduled, the first deposit of $500 is due within one week.

3 weeks before your surgery, a payment of 75% of your estimated cost is due.

The balance is due the day of your surgery.

I think deposits should be expected when you are basically reserving a doctor,

several techs, and a surgery center room for optional surgery.

I can't speak for them, but I would bet if you were reasonable and cancelled

an appointment relatively soon after making an appointment they would probably

refund a good portion of your money. I think deposits are basically just insurance

against perpetual "tire kickers" and flakes that can't make up their mind.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Deposit - 400 euros . Would have to check back on the total cost , but somewhere around the 6k euro mark.

Chris,

I do not believe I saw any of your photos. Could you provide that so I can take a look at your progress?

Yes most clinics will ask for a deposit. If you don't show up or cancel last minute they have potentially lost thousands on a wasted day. I paid deposit with both of the clinics I used.

Chris,

I do not believe I saw any of your photos. Could you provide that so I can take a look at your progress?

If you click on my profile then posts , you will find my thread on the 2nd page .Not sure how to post links !

Not updated for a while which I will do in a few weeks .

Edited by chris39

Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary here. Each clinic will have their own guidelines and protocol when it comes to this sort of thing, but it's a way to ensure they don't have patients backing out last minute and leaving a spot unfilled.

Best of luck making this decision. That's often the hardest part of the whole process (aside from waiting on your hair to grow once you've had your hair transplant).

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56