Shaving Donor Area post op

VanNistelroy

Hi,

I am now 3 weeks post op(FUE) and my donor area has grown a lot

combined with some shock loss caused my head to look.. well.. weird :)

I was wondering if it is safe to shave it(as i have been told not to shave the recipient area at this stage but nothing was said about the donor)

obviously i will ask the clinic as well before doing anyhting but i was wondering if there is any common knowledge regarding shaving the donor area at this phase

Thanks and just wanted to say that i love this forum and it helped me a lot during my pre op research

shaveOrNotToShave.png.97ff075fa6d62ccaa9dcc8a3a17dd708.png

Yea.. I would highly recommend you take your surgeons advice. I have the best relationship with mine and when it comes to post-op questions I'd only expect him when it comes to having all the answers. Hopefully you trust yours just as much

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)

Hi,

I am now 3 weeks post op(FUE) and my donor area has grown a lot

combined with some shock loss caused my head to look.. well.. weird :)

I was wondering if it is safe to shave it(as i have been told not to shave the recipient area at this stage but nothing was said about the donor)

obviously i will ask the clinic as well before doing anyhting but i was wondering if there is any common knowledge regarding shaving the donor area at this phase

Thanks and just wanted to say that i love this forum and it helped me a lot during my pre op research

You could buzz the donor area, but you should avoid shaving and cutting with a razor blade.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree with the consensus above, stay away from a razor cut. The donor area heals quickly but be very careful. Yes....check with your doctor. Best of luck, you have a lot to look forward to. Keep us informed.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Van,

Shaving your head with clippers at this point is fine, especially the donor area. I literally shaved my head all the way down to a 1 clip 4 days after surgery although I was very careful not to hurt myself, especially since I had FUT surgery and still had staples in my head. But to me, shaving my scalp made everything cleaner and easier to maintain. So be careful and don't be rough on the scalp, but you should be fine.

Best wishes,

Bill