How quickly did your shedding kick in?

So I'm day 12 and have been shedding for the past few days. I'm curious as to how soon you all noticed the shedding start?

Did you shed early on and worry these hairs were lost for good but still get a good result down the line? I swear I'm losing 20+ hairs each day the past 2 morning washes.

Started by one week for sure - then goodbye little friends. Worry all you want - it's normal!! Mine are all back and healthier and thickening up !

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

After the second week is when it becomes noticeable, remember you are losing hairs that will eventually grow back and not the grafts themselves unless you have serious bleeding accompanied by pain as I mentioned in your other thread.

About a third or less of the grafted new hairs may continue to grow without shedding, but since you've healed well it's better to lose some hairs now in order to experience possible early growth after about two months post op (that was my experience after my procedures).

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Shedding can go on for up to 2 months afterwards and usually slows down after that. Miniaturized hairs shed after HT may never return, but previously transplanted or non-miniaturized hair should return,albeit on its own schedule.

Crazy how it can be so different for everyone. Can't you just all say one week to make me feel better? :D:D:D I've just found a guy on youtube (

) that's posting daily videos and he's day 26 and almost no shed. :eek: So jealous.

They gotta shed some time! Lol

The sooner they go the sooner they return :cool:

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)