A few questions regarding PRP please:

When new hairs grow after PRP treatment, do they come out of the scalp as very thin hairs the same way they would like new transplanted hairs, or they come out thick right away and dont have to mature??

How many weeks does it usually take before the first hairs grow out??

Do they all grow out at once, or do some hairs grow out later than others??

Whats the approximate success rate??

A few questions regarding PRP please:

When new hairs grow after PRP treatment, do they come out of the scalp as very thin hairs the same way they would like new transplanted hairs, or they come out thick right away and dont have to mature??

How many weeks does it usually take before the first hairs grow out??

Do they all grow out at once, or do some hairs grow out later than others??

Whats the approximate success rate??

Dutchie,

I don't believe that PRP actually results in new hairs growing. I believe it's effective in strengthening existing hairs that have miniaturized thereby increasing the illusion of density. If new hairs were to start growing, then air highly doubt they would come out thick.

• Administrators

I agree with Mav, new hairs don't grow, it supposedly turns miniaturized hair to terminal hair. I've researched non sponsored reviews and have yet to find one single person who had a positive thing to say about PRP. I categorize it the same as laser therapy, some respected surgeons promote it, but it's too expensive to not really be backed by proven results.

Go on YouTube check out finasteride reviews check out minoxidil reviews you see proven results. Now go and search PRP, you only find one guy that can't be mentioned here and he's a paid rep for a surgeon who promotes it, and i saw zero change. I mean I guess it couldn't hurt since there's no side effects and if you got money to burn go for it.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for your replies, guys.

I decided to try it since I got a good deal for my crown for only $750.

Lets see what happens, maybe I'll get lucky and grow some hair....LOL.

It leaves quite a bit of blood afterwards, so you might wanna put a towel over your pillow at night.

Pics below:

bald_crown.jpg

PRP.jpg

PRP / Acell is okay at best for healing purposes & maybe some added thickness to already native hair only, but from my research i have never seen it be effective after maximum of 14/16 mths before your back to baseline plus for what you get out of it is same what you got now plus a dent in your bank account.

But please dutchie post your progress & this be interesting thread for me & others to see what can or can not be archived over your next coming months.

But please dutchie post your progress & this be interesting thread for me & others to see what can or can not be archived over your next coming months

I will definitely keep you guys updated.

Strangely enough I can feel some stubble underneath the skin already

Thanks for your replies, guys.

I decided to try it since I got a good deal for my crown for only $750.

Lets see what happens, maybe I'll get lucky and grow some hair....LOL.

It leaves quite a bit of blood afterwards, so you might wanna put a towel over your pillow at night.

Pics below:

bald_crown.jpg

PRP.jpg

WTH???? :eek::eek::eek:

I hope you read this post and take my advice.

PLEASE relax and wait for the results. I felt the same way at 8 months thinking, "Did they do it correctly?" "Where is the density?!?!?!"

I had realistic expectations on what to expect and they've been exceeded. I was a Norwood 5 going on 6 and I now have a hairline and it's age appropriate. Is the density great? No, but it's a million times better than what I had. My advice is don't fret and wait for the full year - a lot changed for me from month 8 to 12. Don't get sucked in to snake oil treatments..etc.

I need to go back and do the crown, just trying to find the time...

I hope you read this post and take my advice.

PLEASE relax and wait for the results. I felt the same way at 8 months thinking, "Did they do it correctly?" "Where is the density?!?!?!"

I had realistic expectations on what to expect and they've been exceeded. I was a Norwood 5 going on 6 and I now have a hairline and it's age appropriate. Is the density great? No, but it's a million times better than what I had. My advice is don't fret and wait for the full year - a lot changed for me from month 8 to 12. Don't get sucked in to snake oil treatments..etc.

I need to go back and do the crown, just trying to find the time...

Jack, Dutchie had his HT 9 months ago on his front and mid scalp I believe. I think this PRP work on the crown is just experimental. Totally different area of his dome

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Jack, Dutchie had his HT 9 months ago on his front and mid scalp I believe. I think this PRP work on the crown is just experimental. Totally different area of his dome

Thats correct. I even had the doctor inject the PRP 1 cm below my transplanted hairline, just so it wouldnt cause any shock loss or anything like that

Sorry. I still think PRP is snake oil

From what I've seen, it really isn't too effective.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

From what I've seen, it really isn't too effective.

I have to disagree PRP is very effective in taking money out of your pocket without results

In a few years PRP offered I have not seen one result from a recommended doctor that was on PRP only. Not transplant and PRP or PRP with meds but PRP only. Why is this?

I know in Italy many dermatologist offer it. On the Italian forum that many posters that had it done say the same think, its doesn't work.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I had an Italian guy last year that had PRP and without results. It cost him about 1000 euros. I told him as a joke I would pray for his hair growth and if it works he has to pay me 50 euros. I talked to him last week and it was a tie between me praying and PRP, so I didn't get paid.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are not gonna believe this but I've actually grown quite a bit of hair in 3 weeks on my crown.

Its only part of the crown so far, not the whole thing.

I'll take pics when the hairs are longer and show up better in a photo

• 6 months later...