Doxycycline to treat boils/pimples at 3 months postop

Hello guys, here I am at 3 months post-op, experiencing the beginning of the growth, and of course the dreaded pimples have decided to show up as well.

Been putting some antisceptic cream, but it's no match right now.

My surgeon suggested me to try an antibiotic acne medication for a week and then report, he suggested tetracylin. I got my hands on some Doxycycline, I'm afraid it could cause a shed or something as it's been reported. Needless to say, all I care about is the hair.

I'm afraid the pimples could be an infection and damage the grafts. And I also wish I didn't have any, in my recipient and donor area, because I really hope I can buzz my hair to have a natural look and see all the hair grow at the same time!

IMG_2618.thumb.jpg.5be0a82e21260dc54fd4fc1de9652f34.jpg

Well you're definitely getting some good regrowth...at this point, you just have to give the medication time to address the pimples. The area does not look inflamed or agitated though, so that' a good thing.

Hang in there Gman...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

listen to your doc of course but I am on doxy and I am in my 6th week post op, there has been no issue with me. I was taking it due to an issue unrelated to my hair, I had a flare up of perioral dermatits from an allergic reaction to flouride in toothpaste and mouthwash. I cleared it with my doc and my dermatologist as well as my doc ran it by his partner who was a dermatologist as well, they all concluded doxy was safe for me.

From am external source, not likely, however something ingested could depending on what it was and how it impacted the individual from a systemic point.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY