hmmm it seems I should have waited until month 5 post op to panic

I only had some growth and it was really light and couldn't really even be seen in a photo, I was getting worried but now in the middle of month 5 there is hair sprouting everywhere. It is still hard to notice because it is so short but I am excited for a good result again!

Even my father, one of the very few people who know about my procedure said he was getting worried because he couldn't really see anything but didn't want to say anything to scare me even more. Him admitting that so suddenly makes me realize there are some good things going on up there.

Glad to hear your great testimony. Congratulations on the improvement. Thanks for sharing your personal experience.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I love this! For anyone reading this who is at the 3-4 month mark and starting to panic, remember that the absolute earliest the hair can even begin to grow is month 3 - and that's on the early end! A good general rule of thumb is to not even expect the slightest growth until month 6 or so - and at minimum a full year to see full results. (Even still, the hair will continue to mature and thicken up until the 18th month.) Personally, I think having low expectations about the timeline of your growth will make you happier in the long run. I mentally prepared myself to not see any growth at all until month 6, and then when I turned out to be an early grower and had significant results by month 4, I was pleasantly surprised and over the moon.

Glad to hear you're back on track and seeing the results you wanted. And thank you for the reminder to anyone currently experiencing what you did that patience really is your best friend in the hair restoration journey. :)

Edited by pkipling

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Glad to hear it! You're not alone. Lots of guys start to second guess their results all too early despite plenty of good advice to the contrary. it's an emotional time and easy to start second guessing. For the vast majority things turn out just fine.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Good to know things have started happening. It's a stressful time waiting for those first hairs to appear, but it should all be good from here.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.