Is this normal for 3.5 months post-OP

killua

Hi guys.

Had 3000 grafts transplanted.

I kinda expected my donor area to not be noticeable this far from surgery, but it seems something is wrong, or I have wrong expectations.

The donor extracting was done one side completely by technician, and another half by doctor, and another half of grafts by technician (so 75% by technicians). I am kinda bummed since I don't think the grafts were taken symmetrically. Right side much worse than left side, and that one was completely done by technician.

Is this donor area normal, or I had shock loss? What can I expect in the future? Can I not cut my hair this close, but have to have it longer? Did not expect that I would trade not being self conscious about my temples with being self conscious about my back.

Thanks.

20160919_194827.thumb.jpg.af8e66419cbb178f073fb0c2ce4c831d.jpg

Edited by killua

The donor area looks great, a little thin in some places but I would more than likely attribute that to shock loss. For 3.5 months I think it's looking great, and not noticeable that you've had a HT. The next few months you should see the areas with shock loss fill in.

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

The donor area looks great, a little thin in some places but I would more than likely attribute that to shock loss. For 3.5 months I think it's looking great, and not noticeable that you've had a HT. The next few months you should see the areas with shock loss fill in.

Thanks, hope you are right and this is shock loss.

The recipient area actually looks great and growth is good. I am not perfectly satisfied (got few 2 hair grafts and 3 hair grafts in hairline, and also some bad angle placement on some hairs) but the general aesthetics is I look better (from the front).

I think you have had some shock. However, I have stated that extraction pattern and case size are important when it comes to the visibilty of a fue scarring. I am beginning to think that a symetrical extraction pattern is something that you should be having with your doc prior to.surgery in surgery day and in consult. I think you should be able to expect it to look better over the next six months but I hope you come back and let us know. Slightly longer should easily hide and difference. Keep in mind that 3k is a decent amount of grafts.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

You certainly may have experienced shock loss which should take care of itself in the next couple months. You're still early to notice good growth so be patient. Months 4-6 should show better results. 3,000 grafts is a good size surgery. I had over 5,000 in my first procedure. You can see my 3 1/2 month results on my website MyFUEhairtransplant.com. I've chronicled my whole experience the past 3 years with many before/afters. Hang in there and be patient.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi guys.

Had 3000 grafts transplanted.

I kinda expected my donor area to not be noticeable this far from surgery, but it seems something is wrong, or I have wrong expectations.

The donor extracting was done one side completely by technician, and another half by doctor, and another half of grafts by technician (so 75% by technicians). I am kinda bummed since I don't think the grafts were taken symmetrically. Right side much worse than left side, and that one was completely done by technician.

Is this donor area normal, or I had shock loss? What can I expect in the future? Can I not cut my hair this close, but have to have it longer? Did not expect that I would trade not being self conscious about my temples with being self conscious about my back.

Thanks.

Can you post the immediate post-op donor photos? I am wondering if the donor area was examined and methodically harvested to prevent any single area from being too sparse. You should also contact your clinic for feedback. Thanks for sharing.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 weeks later...
Can you post the immediate post-op donor photos? I am wondering if the donor area was examined and methodically harvested to prevent any single area from being too sparse. You should also contact your clinic for feedback. Thanks for sharing.

sure.

Clipboard02.thumb.jpg.90e634af214004a5af267ff0704478ef.jpg

My experience was that the donor area continued to thicken back up over time. 3.5 months is still relatively early, especially in the case of shock loss. I think you'll see a significant difference over the next several months, and especially by one year. There was a time when I felt my donor area was slightly noticeable if I cut it too short on the sides, but by month 6 or so this was much less of an issue - and a complete non issue by month 12.

In the meantime, I simply wouldn't cut it as short. The longer it is, the less noticeable it is.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Looks great to me. Shock loss is extremely common around this time. If you're not seeing progressing stepping up in the next few months, I highly recommend heading back to your Doctor.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)