How many grafts usually survive an FUT transplant??

Okay, so this might be a stupid question so please bear with me.

If someone has an FUT transplant from one of the reputable surgeons that this forum recommends, what percentage grafts on average will survive the transplant, take hold and grow a healthy terminal hair??

Lets assume a patient had a 5,000 FUT transplant, and that patient took care of his scalp afterwards and didnt pull out any grafts. Would the amount of grafts that take and grow a hair be 100%?? Or would it be 90% or even less than that??

And I know FUE transplants are different, so this question pertains to FUT only

From what I've read from a bunch of surgeons, ideally, somewhere around 95% of grafts should grow.

Though I've seen this worded as a '95% growth rate' before, not specifying if this is for each individual or as a whole, so maybe a good amount get 99% growth and others get like 60-70% and bring the average down.

If someone has an FUT transplant from one of the reputable surgeons that this forum recommends, what percentage grafts on average will survive the transplant, take hold and grow a healthy terminal hair??

Lets assume a patient had a 5,000 FUT transplant, and that patient took care of his scalp afterwards and didnt pull out any grafts. Would the amount of grafts that take and grow a hair be 100%?? Or would it be 90% or even less than that??

You went to one of the best fut docs in the world Dutchie. So probably 95+ %

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

If the surgeon is skilled with a proven track record, I agree, in the high 90 percentiles.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

A very small amount of donor follicular units can be transected around the excision. A very small amount of follicular units can be transected as the strip is dissected.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians