8 Months Post-Op - Dr Tejinder Bhatti (3800 grafts - 8000 hair) - Waiting for density

vik757

Here's direct link for his 9-months: Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients

28526.jpg

You still have 3 to 9 months of growing left, but I admit it doesnt look very good right now.

Whats even weirder you seem to not have good growth on your frontal scalp, and thats usually where most people get their initial growth spurt (and the crown usually comes last). Its like you've gone in reverse.

I'm not ready to call yours a failed HT just yet, but one thing I learned about this site there seems to be at least one failed transplant for every 3 or 4 successful ones

Thanks Dutchie for your comment.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's direct link for his 9-months: Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients

28526.jpg

You still have 3 to 9 months of growing left, but I admit it doesnt look very good right now.

Whats even weirder you seem to not have good growth on your frontal scalp, and thats usually where most people get their initial growth spurt (and the crown usually comes last). Its like you've gone in reverse.

I'm not ready to call yours a failed HT just yet, but one thing I learned about this site there seems to be at least one failed transplant for every 3 or 4 successful ones

Thanks Dutchie,

I have couple of questions here:

Does this look like all 3800 grafts sprouted? if not what could be the possible reason for this as I thought if good quality donor hair are transplanted it should grow.

Also,What you think is a good time to make a decision about second transplant, I am guessing 12-13 months? your thoughts? I have send photographs to the doctor and waiting for his reply.

Thanks

V

Thanks Dutchie,

Does this look like all 3800 grafts sprouted? if not what could be the possible reason for this as I thought if good quality donor hair are transplanted it should grow

I'm not an expert or anything, but that doesnt even look like its close 3,800 grafts.

If I were you I would see if you can get some type of partial refund or discount on your 2nd surgery. But be polite, dont get mad at the clinic, because that will get you nowhere

Also,What you think is a good time to make a decision about second transplant, I am guessing 12-13 months? your thoughts? I have send photographs to the doctor and waiting for his reply

12 months should be sufficient

Thanks Dutchie,

Does this look like all 3800 grafts sprouted? if not what could be the possible reason for this as I thought if good quality donor hair are transplanted it should grow.

Honestly it does't look like 3800 Grafts have sprouted!

Possible reason? Poor growth! Are you on any medication?

Also,What you think is a good time to make a decision about second transplant, I am guessing 12-13 months? your thoughts? I have send photographs to the doctor and waiting for his reply.

In your case I can safely say 12months is enough!!

Thanks

V

What did Dr.Bhatti say?

What did Dr.Bhatti say?

Dr says: Result is still not as expected, perhaps it is taking time as sometime it does so wait another 3 months.

Dr. as usual was very kind and said "Its completely my responsibility and will do whatever it takes to make you happy."

So, that was really supportive and encouraging of Dr.

But, I am still trying to figure out the cause of why all grafts are not sprouted. Is there anyone out there who started the growth between 9 to 15 months that is question? probably I should start a new thread to get opinions.

Edited by vik757

I'm glad that Dr. Bhatti has responded in a professional manner and has offered you continued support. I've noticed this multiple times in this forum that Dr. Bhatti takes responsibility and makes the right steps to make things right. This was a major reason I got my HT done by him as well. I hope it all works out well for you. Please do keep us posted. All the best!

if this would turn out as a failure, shouldnt the doctor make a second surgery free of cost? A discount woudlnt be enough in my world.

Opinions?

Firstly, i am very curious to understand what is the reason if this HT becomes a failure.

as I am bit worried if the same thing happens again

As per my discussion with various doctors there can be only two:

1) grafts were overselled i.e. less were implanted and more were charged for - that seems unlikely.

2) grafts were damaged while doing the procedure.

Secondly, you are right mosd I shouldn't settle for discount, as not only i lost my grafts, there is so many other things that is needed to get the procedure done travel cost,3 weeks of down time and most importantly we spend the entire year waiting for the result.

I am still waiting another couple of month before making any decision.

Cheers

V

• 3 weeks later...
Dr says: Result is still not as expected, perhaps it is taking time as sometime it does so wait another 3 months.

Dr. as usual was very kind and said "Its completely my responsibility and will do whatever it takes to make you happy."

So, that was really supportive and encouraging of Dr.

But, I am still trying to figure out the cause of why all grafts are not sprouted. Is there anyone out there who started the growth between 9 to 15 months that is question? probably I should start a new thread to get opinions.

Quick update. I am constantly in touch with doctor. Spoke to Dr last week and he agrees that result is not as expected and asked me to wait till 12 month mark.

Having said that he has offered me a complementary hair transplant after 12 month mark. I will keep posting my progress.

Cheers

V

Hi Vik757,

I went through a similar scenario with poor growth result from an HT, and can empathize how it feels, good luck with your next complementary HT.

Do keep us posted on you progress.

I had planned to go through the next procedure by Dr.Bhatti, but this looks concerning, although good to see the doctor taking responsibility of unsuccessful HT.

Regards,

Hairhoho

Hi Vik757,

I went through a similar scenario with poor growth result from an HT, and can empathize how it feels, good luck with your next complementary HT.

Do keep us posted on you progress.

I had planned to go through the next procedure by Dr.Bhatti, but this looks concerning, although good to see the doctor taking responsibility of unsuccessful HT.

Regards,

Hairhoho

Completely agree with you, its disheartening especially when you wait a complete one year just to realize that you need another one.

I had a word with Dr. Bhatti about shall I consider another Dr. for my second one, but he sounds pretty confident that we can rectify this. However, we are still trying to figure out what was the reason for poor density.

Cheers

V

Hi All,

Another quick update, i am referring my case to few Dr. locally and online just to understand what could be the reason for poor density, below are the findings as per doctor's i met:

All Dr. I met told me its very difficult to pin point what could be the exact reason, but generally it could be one of below:

1) Not using any medication after hair transplant (finasteride 1mg, Minoxidil) can result into poor density or slow growth (I was using medication, so option number 1 - Not applicable)

2) one of the Dr. told me if you have thyroid problem it can result into poor growth. (Not applicable to me)

3) Another Dr. told me that doing high number of grafts (3800 for me) in one sitting could be the reason for poor growth. Higher the time grafts are outside the body higher are the chances of it getting damaged. (applicable)

Please add to the list above if you can think of anything else.

I am currently on 10 month mark and I am patiently waiting another couple of months for and further growth. Fingers crossed.

Cheers

V

Hey Vik - Any improvement seen recently ?

Would be going through the procedure with Dr.Bhatti shortly.

Hi Mate,

Not any major improvement, I will post my pictures soon.

I had a word with Dr. Bhatti and he agree that result is not as expected. He was expecting good result as I have good quality donor hair.

I have scheduled for December 2nd week. Don't know number of grafts yet, will have a word with Dr bhatti in couple of weeks.

But as per other doctors I need atleast 2000 - 2500 grafts for good density.

Any opinions welcome

Cheers

V

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Here are my 11 month post op photos.

Unfortunately no good density, for the matter of fact I think its a poor result.

How many grafts do you think I need for decent coverage?

IMG_2568.thumb.jpg.af165946fdf2a6429b813019712af3f4.jpg

IMG_2569.thumb.jpg.92928d4df2806e04a31adc1c8312a4df.jpg

Isn't 3800 grafts a low number for such a large area of hair loss? The length looks insufficient too so it makes sense that it would look thin. It just isn't enough hair and it is too short for layering and styling.

Do none of the online reps for dr Bhatti have anything to say about this result ??

Online Reps are so active and swift in replying to positive results.Not saying a single word of encouragement is bit of a shame.

Isn't 3800 grafts a low number for such a large area of hair loss? The length looks insufficient too so it makes sense that it would look thin. It just isn't enough hair and it is too short for layering and styling.

I tried keeping it long, but it looks so thin that it is embarrassing.

You'd definitely want at least 3000 if you have that much donor left.

Also just curious, your scalp looks discoloured compared to the rest of your skin, is that scarring?

Here is my donor pic:

donor2.thumb.jpg.c3b7bfbd76ffce7d66500baeb8923497.jpg